• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio From Parts Already Available

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I trusted the Elio Co. myself. But wanting to know if most of the parts are coming from shelves that are already used in other autos isn't a what I call a cut on Elio, just maybe they stretched or misspoke a little to early. You do know that they have misspoke a couple times already don't you.
As far as the risk I did put down the 1K but if someone believes the information that a man on the tube saying it will be done and takes it as gospel then I ask you to look at the rest of the world and the men that have made statements to be proven wrong later on or had to backup and start again.
I think Paul will pull it off but I'm not the type to sit on the side and take one mans word when there is no track record to back him up. That's what you call doing your homework. I'm curious just as the rest on here want to know When, Where, How and Why about the Elio and the Company.
I've never said I would not buy (as some idiot said I said) if I didn't know where the parts came from.I just wanted to know if parts would be available as easy as Paul wants us to think. Can I go to NAPA or etc. and get replacement parts when the Elio breaks down.
If I hurt your DIEHARD feelings then that's life, get over it. It's JUST A QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!

And outsydthebox, QUOTE"With any investment, the research should be done "before" putting money down" Then why are you on this forum asking questions?
So, I got a bridge for sale, WANT TO BUY IT without checking?
Wayne. You didn't hurt my "DIEHARD" feelings, whatever they are. You said you wanted facts, so I gave you what I know to be fact.
1. You have never said one positive thing on this forum since joining.
2. The Camero steering wheel and Mustang seats will be off the shelf.
3. You are a troll.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul has said several times that the Elio will be built with parts already being produced.
I think this is BS.
Windshield, body panels, tail light, fenders, side windows, interior parts and panels, motor , transmission, front end parts...just to NAME A FEW.
Are these already being used on cars and cycles now? If so can you name them?
Where did you read 100% existing parts? The motor has never been planned to be an existing system/part. EM has designed the Elio to use as many existing parts as possible. To believe it can be produced with all existing parts is unrealistic.

Treborfoot

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, BUT I KNOW WHAT THE WARRANTY DOES. I didn't ask about that. Stay on page.

No..You ask a question about parts that I refered too..

Quoting Wayne
Can I believe this, will this assure the dependability of the Elio or when my Elio breaks will I be told the part is not available due to poor planning.

The answer was in the Magnuson–Moss Act about your recourse "for poor planning" if parts were not available as you suggested..

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wayne. You didn't hurt my "DIEHARD" feelings, whatever they are. You said you wanted facts, so I gave you what I know to be fact.
1. You have never said one positive thing on this forum since joining.WRONG
2. The Camero steering wheel and Mustang seats will be off the shelf. WRONG
3. You are a troll.

First you need to look up the definition of off the shelf.
Then who's the fool here, you call me a troll but YOU are doing the feeding.Could you be the ..........?
As for one thing positive, I see you are already LYING because you haven't read all my post.
A little question about PARTS OFF THE SHELF has got you liberals in a TANTRUM.
As for target production date , now you ask me for proof of something when Elio has lied 4 times already.
Proof....LOL
How about 2014 June production date
2015 March production date
3rd quarter 2015 date
now word is out 4th quarter 2015 production date

Calling the kettle black is one thing but I haven't lied to you. I , like most, only state my opinion. And you DON'T LIKE IT. LOL
For my 1st. POST to get so many of you jumping really is funny.

I'm rooting for Elio to make it 100%, sorry if you have a problem with that.

You know maybe you even need to look up TROLL and personal OPINION and get off that stump, Elio has enough pulling for it already.

:):):) Oh what a wonderful morning, oh what a wonderful day, all my enemies are coming over to play. :):):)

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Proof....LOL
How about 2014 June production date
2015 March production date
3rd quarter 2015 date
now word is out 4th quarter 2015 production date

I'm rooting for Elio to make it 100%, sorry if you have a problem with that.
I am the one that asked you for proof. What you have shown us here is "targets". You seem to be so sure of this point, you should have no trouble posting a "link to an official statement "as promised dates". :)

Top Bottom