• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't like that dash either but if they use it, I'd have to see it in person before taking the same route as you. By all means, stand by your convictions though.
Th reason I asked to take some measurements for me in Tempe on Saturday. With the OBD2 interface I shouldn't have any trouble creating my own cluster. Won't be cheap hacking a one off but I can do it.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't like that dash either but if they use it, I'd have to see it in person before taking the same route as you. By all means, stand by your convictions though.
Problem is you might not get a chance to see it if the P5 doesn't show up somewhere near you.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is another 'sample' of an OBDII app that you can use;
DashCommand-Dashboard.png

There is also a YouTube clip that shows some other features and 'screens' that can be used with an iPad. I plan to use an Android app, with a smaller 7-9" tablet display that would cover the "SB Display" area. --
--

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That sounds like my post. I will not buy the Elio with the Elgin dash if I cannot create a cluster I feel safe looking at. On that basis I would simply forefoot my money and take my knocks. For me it is a deal breaker. Do I have to buy? NO, and if it comes to that it is just one less Elio on the road. Not a choice I want to make but one I will if necessary.
That wil show the bastards. You go H2odog. "forefoot" your money. It will also move the rest of us up a slot.

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a quick (15 minute) virtual instrument cluster that I created on my tablet using Torque. May be somewhat busy for some folks, but it's really easily reconfigured. And there are multiple screens available with just a swipe. And, there's also a HUD toggle. :cool:
[Broken External Image]

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a quick (15 minute) virtual instrument cluster that I created on my tablet using Torque. May be somewhat busy for some folks, but it's really easily reconfigured. And there are multiple screens available with just a swipe. And, there's also a HUD toggle. :cool:
[Broken External Image]
Nice dash, but I see one glaring omission and am not sure just how it might be handled. If someone has a suggestion please speak up. We have no valid non-resettable odometer, and I believe that is a no no! The SB dash appears to have a digital unit so perhaps a window could be created for its display.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice dash, but I see one glaring omission and am not sure just how it might be handled. If someone has a suggestion please speak up. We have no valid non-resettable odometer, and I believe that is a no no! The SB dash appears to have a digital unit so perhaps a window could be created for its display.
upload_2014-5-5_16-12-54.jpeg

Top Bottom