• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Engine Unveiling 2/6/2015 -3/6/2015

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking that Colorado's capitol building in Denver is also covered in gold. Can't say for sure if it's "real" gold, but it was always shiny (untarnished). Bert? Norahsbed? Help me out here.
Yes, Capital building is covered in gold leaf. At one time, many years back, someone was collecting the gold in the downspout splash block, that was washing off the top of the building. It was not illegal at the time but I think they changed that and added screens to collect the gold. It was recovered a few years ago to to tune of a couple hundred thousand dollars.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very nice to see.
I can see the numbers and graphs, but can't make out the legends.
If I read the screen right, they brought it up to 2800 RPM and back down.
Definitely a nice sound, good and even.
That tone is typical when they pump the exhaust/noise outside with no muffler. Your just hearing what long thick pipes make. And at the prescribed location there's an expansion section of some kind to tune/detune it.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Back when they broke up the Bell System, we were given a choice between staying with the local Bell systems and providing local service, or going with ATT and competing for long distance service with MCI, after a law suit that broke up the monopoly on phone service. Sounds like your Dad chose AT&T. Based on the location you discribed, I'm guessing he worked in the central office, at 120th and Washington. There was also a garage location there so he may have been an outside tech. Those were good times.

I lived at 122nd and Lowell, west of I-25 about 3-4 miles. Nice area, becomes Broomfield when you get about to Federal or so.

Sorry, back to the engine talk!!

Top Bottom