• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Engine Unveiling 2/6/2015 -3/6/2015

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the "Public" right now, is a relatively small lot of us who are classic "fan boys". The real public wouldn't be reached until there's significant marketing, we have not seen significant marketing, we have been swimming in a great early adopter pool. In that regard, this set back is a non-issue, though it certainly feels like an issue inside the bubble.

I think you're right here. :)
The passion some of us has developed for the Elio, makes us act like it's a book you just can't put down and walk away from! :rolleyes:
We shudder in agony when we discover the butler had an iron clad alibi, only do read the maid was detained by chocolate chip cookies in the kitchen, instead of dusting cobwebs in the man cave! :p

SO many positives concerning the Elio, but those of us who hunger for any new information, suffer mood swings even prozac can't handle.. o_O

I'm in it for the long run, hoping all along my POS Neon will just hang in there long enough and quit nickle and diming me to death.. :(:D

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What if EM can't throw the public a bone on this? That's why I wrote about this option being the one where you don't read anything more into what was written and take it at face value. EM could simply be stuck between a rock and a hard place as there are things which can occur and simply can not be discussed in detail. In these cases saying more could actually mean lying about what is happening. A potential example of this would be Paul Elio being called to the DOE for a meeting and the DOE asking EM to keep the meeting under wraps.
Surely they could come up with some conciliatory tidbits of information to allow a positive spin on the subsequent stories about the delay, rather than just saying they'll do it at an unspecified later date...
If it is just Paul, their statement is a lie; they specifically said "several key stakeholders"

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Surely they could come up with some conciliatory tidbits of information to allow a positive spin on the subsequent stories about the delay, rather than just saying they'll do it at an unspecified later date...
If it is just Paul, their statement is a lie; they specifically said "several key stakeholders"
I think PE and DOE would constitute several, maybe even several several.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if IAV is a "difficult" company to deal with. Is it IAV or Elio that is responsible for the lack of information on the progress?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since I'm close to DC, maybe I should take tomorrow off and stake out the DOE and see if I recognize anyone coming into the building! Although, DC police tend to frown on that sort of activity...
So do you think Paul is a limo type guy? Or will he be parking his minivan on the street and feeding the meter?

Top Bottom