• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Facebook Comments

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I must admit that my confidence is waning! I am no longer "Sure" that I will be driving one in 2016. I will if they go on sale, but I have a feeling another postponement will be coming before 2016.

I wounder if my "reservation" is something I could leave my great great grand kids! They may really like this car. My oldest child is 7

I truly don't believe this project can withstand another push back...I think they're pushing the envelope now, and I think another push back will push Elio's chances of actually becoming a successful company right out the window...

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I truly don't believe this project can withstand another push back...I think they're pushing the envelope now, and I think another push back will push Elio's chances of actually becoming a successful company right out the window...
Gonna be an interesting and pivotal year for Elio for sure...

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a very small, but vocal, group of people who believe the world is falling over at EM. They are mainly the group who have been around for a while and have followed closely. While I can understand this groups frustration they do tend to act like kids as they should have known what they were getting into when they got in and should behave like adults about this instead of constantly crying about it. The facts are that most reservation holders do not follow along closely and nearly three quarters of the reservation holders have been with EM for less than a year and most only experienced their first announced delay last month.

I have been told, by one of EM's Facebook monitors who I have contact with, that EM has purposefully disengaged somewhat from the discussion on their Facebook page as marketing studies have shown that internet users have become savvy to the fact that negative comments are common and simply disregard them, anyone here read Youtube comments?, so this does not actually hurt nearly as much as some may think it does. By only responding in a targeted fashion this also does not feed the trolls who want this to happen as an excuse to push further.

Elio Motors frequently repeats information as they frequently see the same questions over and over again. It helps to consider the fact that new people are constantly being introduced to EM and they tend to ask many of the same questions again as well as need to be caught up on a lot of things we take for granted. There is also the fact that the vehicle and company are both still in development so it simply takes a good bit of time to develop new information which EM can share and feels is worth sharing.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Most of you were not here last May during the last delay announcement. At that time it also turned more negative around here with many people claiming the end was near for EM, or EM could not survive this happening again, for a few weeks afterwards however as more news rolled out over time people simply moved on. At that time we experienced some members leaving and new members joining and taking their places as active members and the same is happening here now. As there is still quite some time on the EM clock, currently mid 2016 production deadline, I did not expect any different from members this time around.

mag44

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
With 40,000 registered and with just over 1200 to sign the petition to help fund Elio I would say your statement of (There is a very small, but vocal, group of people who believe the world is falling over at EM) doesn't hold water. Seems all those early registered people have/are jumping ship. If not why hasn't the petition numbers increased.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With 40,000 registered and with just over 1200 to sign the petition to help fund Elio I would say your statement of (There is a very small, but vocal, group of people who believe the world is falling over at EM) doesn't hold water. Seems all those early registered people have/are jumping ship. If not why hasn't the petition numbers increased.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe John Painter started the petition on this forum, so nobody, other than the people on this forum would know about it....I think.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that it's because the VAST majority of the reservation holders plunked their money down then moved on to wait for a 'choose your options' email. Most don't follow very closely at all. IMO. In addition, they probably realize that signing a petition doesn't really mean anything.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe John Painter started the petition on this forum, so nobody, other than the people on this forum would know about it....I think.

Yes it was John Painter who started it and it was only shared among this forum and the Facebook Elio groups as well. The fact that there were only 1200 signatures actually helps to prove my point so I thank mag44 for reminding me of this even if he misinterpreted what it really means. These online groups overwhelmingly support EM yet they only managed to get 1200 signatures so compare that to the negative voices in these groups and it really demonstrates how tiny the group of active negative Elio follows truly is compared to the 40,000 total.

Last edited:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes it was John Painter who started it and it was only shared among this forum and the Facebook Elio groups as well. The fact that there were only 1200 signatures actually helps to prove my point so I thank mag44 for reminding me of this even if he misinterpreted what it really means. These online groups overwhelmingly support EM yet they only managed to get 1200 signatures so compare that to the negative voices in these groups and it really demonstrates how tiny the group of active negative Elio follows truly is.
Also, even the negative people, or at least most of them, still want to see this thing happen. So if they thought that signing the petition had any effect whatsoever, even the nay-sayers may sign the thing. So signing the petition doesn't necessarily equate to cheerleader.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I pose a question to the active negative Elio followers. Now that you have acknowledged your disapproval of the Elio project what is your rational for continuing your negativity?

Is your end game to turn more people to negative commentators ? Is it to close Elio Motors? So what's the next step Elio negative followers?

Top Bottom