• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Facebook Comments

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Also, even the negative people, or at least most of them, still want to see this thing happen. So if they thought that signing the petition had any effect whatsoever, even the nay-sayers may sign the thing. So signing the petition doesn't necessarily equate to cheerleader.

can't say I agree .... not saying all but of the ones who have recently joined this forum, I no longer believe that they want to see EM go into production .... rather, for whatever reason, they are dedicated to creating all of the negativity possible in an effort to keep it from happening .... I believe that their goal is to be able to sit back and say I told you so .... to me, that is a sad commentary

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
can't say I agree .... not saying all but of the ones who have recently joined this forum, I no longer believe that they want to see EM go into production .... rather, for whatever reason, they are dedicated to creating all of the negativity possible in an effort to keep it from happening .... I believe that their goal is to be able to sit back and say I told you so .... to me, that is a sad commentary
Really? Well the one that we all know so well has actually stated that he has money in the game. Hard for me to believe that someone would rather be right and lose money than lose money with the gratification of saying I told you so.
Most negative people on here start their posts with "I really want this to happen, but..."
And I agree, if your post is correct, that is a sad commentary...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Most negative people on here start their posts with "I really want this to happen, but..."

as was noted by someone yesterday, adding the word "but" has a way of discounting what comes before it ....

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe John Painter started the petition on this forum, so nobody, other than the people on this forum would know about it....I think.
I did. I haven't pushed it, it's organic in its progress or not.

I would say, because most people do not get involved in things of political nature like signing petitions, the number is reassuring, considering so few people actually know what Elio Motors is, much less what the ATVM loan program is.

I would concur with our Moderator that the group of people who are negative followers of Elio is quite small, though quite vocal and informed, I would also add, in the long run not much consequence in the scheme of things because people do, over time learn to filter out overtly critical and overtly positive comments, though I do find the rhetoric quite intriguing.

I would also agree with the OP that there is some pattern in their posts here and on FB (where t I engage quite a bit), much like mine or anyone's. I also think there is some legitimate pain or anger being expressed, though how much of that is actually about challenges facing Elio Motors versus individuals personal experiences in life, is another matter. I was wondering when a thread like this would pop up.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Really? Well the one that we all know so well has actually stated that he has money in the game. Hard for me to believe that someone would rather be right and lose money than lose money with the gratification of saying I told you so.

I believe former Caddo Parish Commissioner, now Shreveport City Councilwoman, Stephanie Lynch is a glaring example of the very sad mentality that pushes people to create negativity in an effort to keep this from happening just so they can sit back and say, I told you so. She has taken every opportunity to actively speak out and work against EM even though doing so has cost the Parish money defending against her lawsuit and paying to maintain the plant after the Parish closed on it but before IRG was able to take control of it. If after all this time and interference EM fails to raise the funds needed it would cost the Parish time in getting jobs into the plant and possibly money. She wants to be right about this so bad that instead of giving EM the best chance to succeed by shutting up and getting out of the way she is willing to screw over her very constituents to prove she was correct.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So John, your motivation is to be involved in intriguing rhetoric?
My "motivation" is to get an Elio in my garage. :)

Along the way, social media offers an interesting foray into rhetorical analysis on Elio Motors if one wants. One of my wife's colleagues at Bates (Stephanie) has done a lot of work in this area, albeit with alien abductions, it's pretty interesting stuff http://www.bates.edu/news/2008/05/11/ask-me-another-2/

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe former Caddo Parish Commissioner, now Shreveport City Councilwoman, Stephanie Lynch is a glaring example of the very sad mentality that pushes people to create negativity in an effort to keep this from happening just so they can sit back and say, I told you so. She has taken every opportunity to actively speak out and work against EM even though doing so has cost the Parish money defending against her lawsuit and paying to maintain the plant after the Parish closed on it but before IRG was able to take control of it. If after all this time and interference EM fails to raise the funds needed it would cost the Parish time in getting jobs into the plant and possibly money. She wants to be right about this so bad that instead of giving EM the best chance to succeed by shutting up and getting out of the way she is willing to screw over her very constituents to prove she was correct.
One more thing I'd like to say for any of the naysayers/haters/doomsday people out there.
A DELAY is NOT the end of the world. I'm tired of all the "Elio won't survive another delay" or "This project is doomed if there is another delay" Seriously? There are 40,000 reservation holders... No matter the delay, there will be buyers for the Elio... There's too much progress at this point for the project to just up and die.

Rant complete. Please carry on. Nothing to see here. (Now, that will probably be taken out of context too)

Top Bottom