• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Shreveport Operations (extended Cut)

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was never fired for doing wrong, but doing right got me every time. Ethics are not desirable if they get in the way.

No good deed goes unpunished. I have slowly come to realize that the straight and narrow path is sometimes over rated. In a liar's game, the best liar wins the first round.
We got a new piece of equipment (a laser cutting/engraving machine), and I was basically left in charge of figuring out how to use it. With a few google searches and a little hard work, I have programmed it to do exactly what we want, every time, with a few button clicks on an Excel spreadsheet. Now everybody (and particularly the Big Boss) thinks I'm some kind of genius computer wiz.

I was originally hired to occationally operate an industrial sewing machine, but primarily sweep floors and change garbage bags. I still operate the sewing machine, but 1/2 my work is on the computer now, and it looks like they're gonna hire another sewing person to take on some of the ever-increasing workload in the "sewing department".

Kudos!!! You never know when you are going to win. The trick is to stay prepared for the opportunity. I also advise to conserve knowledge. It loses its value when spread too thin.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We got a new piece of equipment (a laser cutting/engraving machine), and I was basically left in charge of figuring out how to use it. With a few google searches and a little hard work, I have programmed it to do exactly what we want, every time, with a few button clicks on an Excel spreadsheet. Now everybody (and particularly the Big Boss) thinks I'm some kind of genius computer wiz.

I was originally hired to occationally operate an industrial sewing machine, but primarily sweep floors and change garbage bags. I still operate the sewing machine, but 1/2 my work is on the computer now, and it looks like they're gonna hire another sewing person to take on some of the ever-increasing workload in the "sewing department".

That's what I'm talking about!! :rockon:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay. Right behind all of the guys in the pic is the part of the F-15 where the engines connect. That's all I can say. :spy:
I may, or may not be the guy circled in yellow. ;)

My department1.jpg

Enough about my operations. Back to Elio Motors Shreveport operations.

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I heard him say "metal body with painted panels" I think he is referring to the frame as the metal body and the painted panels is the composite/fiberglass panels.

I'm thinking you're correct... The chassis is more a "unit body" than just a frame... I think the Smart car is similar... with plastic panels attached to the chassis... Pretty much all modern cars are unit body construction regardless of what the fenders and other external panels are made of. I understand the concern of folks living in the salted road States but the main chassis/body structure has to be steel and all the suspension components will be steel or aluminum so there's going to be a problem with corrosion if you don't keep it washed off... IMHO

h_r :cool:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I really like your attitude , Seth. Keep up the good work and good luck on your future onuses. I've always said 'hire a guy to sweep floors with a good attitude and you've a future President candidate'.
Ps let me know when you get the 3d printer set up for them.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really like your attitude , Seth. Keep up the good work and good luck on your future onuses. I've always said 'hire a guy to sweep floors with a good attitude and you've a future President candidate'.
Ps let me know when you get the 3d printer set up for them.

Last year they flew me out to Texas to set up the second one, and teach the guys there how to use it :) The third one is going to our Perth, Australia location, but they've said they're just going to have me run a webinar presentation for that one. I was kinda hoping for a vacation down undah though.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last year they flew me out to Texas to set up the second one, and teach the guys there how to use it :) The third one is going to our Perth, Australia location, but they've said they're just going to have me run a webinar presentation for that one. I was kinda hoping for a vacation down undah though.
I have a friend in Perth who designed the bike I ride. It's called the Cruzbike. It's holds the distance record for a 24 hour period last I heard.

PS I was really referring to the new three dimensional printers of late.

Top Bottom