• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Shreveport Operations (extended Cut)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't talk about my employer/work online. They walked a guy out of here a few years ago for that.

But in general, working near retirement in software is a bit of a pain in the butt. I'm a bit tired of learning something new every minute, and only getting back to the same level of features each time. Well OK a bit more features and sometimes simpler. But the working effort saved has not matched the effort to stay up (IMHO). But we're also expect to accomplish more each year with what we got.

Having said that, the whole reason we get paid what we do in IT, is because there is a big learning curve and a limit on the people with the current knowledge. I just have to remember the effort is earning me those extra bucks. So really I have a job with more hours than what is listed. I just really wish I had a actual 40hour week like my paycheck says I do.

But on age, the older you get the more everyone double checks that you are keeping up. I really don't need that either.

But just between you and me, I have degree in Automotive research. I've always wished I could afford to work in that. Maybe after retirement? (when I can afford it?)

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hated my stint in the IT world (I temped for Microsoft for a few years). I love using computers to accomplish other work, but debugging countless iterations of the same software is not my cup of tea. Nor is troubleshooting networking foul-ups. Or walking people through PEBCAK errors.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I hated my stint in the IT world (I temped for Microsoft for a few years). I love using computers to accomplish other work, but debugging countless iterations of the same software is not my cup of tea. Nor is troubleshooting networking foul-ups. Or walking people through PEBCAK errors.
You never had the joy of fixing email, on a Friday, at the end of the month at 4:50 (when you close at 5:00)?
You don't know what you've missed. :thumb:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last year they flew me out to Texas to set up the second one, and teach the guys there how to use it :) The third one is going to our Perth, Australia location, but they've said they're just going to have me run a webinar presentation for that one. I was kinda hoping for a vacation down undah though.

If you can get a layover at Oahu, I will tell you where to stay.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't talk about my employer/work online. They walked a guy out of here a few years ago for that.

But in general, working near retirement in software is a bit of a pain in the butt. I'm a bit tired of learning something new every minute, and only getting back to the same level of features each time. Well OK a bit more features and sometimes simpler. But the working effort saved has not matched the effort to stay up (IMHO). But we're also expect to accomplish more each year with what we got.

Having said that, the whole reason we get paid what we do in IT, is because there is a big learning curve and a limit on the people with the current knowledge. I just have to remember the effort is earning me those extra bucks. So really I have a job with more hours than what is listed. I just really wish I had a actual 40hour week like my paycheck says I do.

But on age, the older you get the more everyone double checks that you are keeping up. I really don't need that either.

But just between you and me, I have degree in Automotive research. I've always wished I could afford to work in that. Maybe after retirement? (when I can afford it?)

"
"But we're also expect to accomplish more each year with what we got." That was the case for me at my last job that I retired from. I used to call it PHD, Piled Higher and Deeper. I also used to ask for a bigger plate, they were never amused.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last year they flew me out to Texas to set up the second one, and teach the guys there how to use it :) The third one is going to our Perth, Australia location, but they've said they're just going to have me run a webinar presentation for that one. I was kinda hoping for a vacation down undah though.
Sometimes technology has it's disadvantages.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just watched the assembly line video. The thought occurred to me how neato/cool it would be if they would sell a video to each of us SIL holders of the trip our elios make down the line by SIL number. How memorable would that be!
Great Idea Injun but I can't even get them to print a plate attached to mine verifying the manufactured number. Even a Paper certificate would add value to the collector value.

Top Bottom