• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio On Cnbc 12-27

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
CNBC... "How fast are you burning through the capital that you've raised?"

I wonder if Paul even knew that one was coming.

I'm reading between the lines and am inferring that, absent ATVM funding in the near term, mass production will get Elios on the road by 2018. If EM gets the ATVM loan first quarter of 2017, production can come sooner. Half full let's me sleep better.
That's NOT what was said. Not even close.

CNBC... "You are expecting to roll out the cars on the road in 2018."
Paul... "Correct."
CNBC... Alright, so if I had my name on a reservation Paul, then I will get that car in 2018?"
Paul... "Yes".

(End of interview).

Last edited:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
CNBC... "How fast are you burning through the capital that you've raised?"

I wonder if Paul knew that one was coming.

That's NOT what was said. Not even close.

Paul... "Correct."
CNBC... Alright, so if I had my name on a reservation Paul, then I will get that car in 2018?"
Paul... "Yes".

(End of interview).
If I recall correctly, I think before he said that he was asked whether he was concerned or hopeful about the new administration. He then referred to the new administration's push to bring manufacturing back to America and said something like "this is critical." I took that as a subtle reminder to the Incoming administration that EM is ready to bring back up to 1500 manufacturing jobs if the Admin holds its end up. Then the whole discussion followed about when production is expected.

Like I said, I read between the lines, and I stand by my inference of the brief interview.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just watched the interview with Paul Elio on CNBC's "Power Lunch". Paul looked exhausted, he needed his cup of coffee! Trying to do what he's doing would wear anyone down. I feel for him.
PE is the high paid CEO of EM, why would you feel for him? He should feel for you. Most people are exhausted after getting home from a hard days work for far less salary. Perhaps he should work harder or smarter.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now Paul Elio is saying we will see our cars in 2018. NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR.

Not what any of us wanted to hear... but now he put it out on national TV :)

Paul... "Correct."
Paul... "Yes".

(End of interview).

Now the clock is TRULY ticking ;)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Not what any of us wanted to hear... but now he put it out on national TV :)
Now the clock is TRULY ticking ;)
Would have been nice if the interviewer went a little further and said "any chance of earlier then that?"
And see what he had to say.
Yes, he gave an answer to the question he was asked, but he did not elaborate any further than he did.

Perhaps he was seeing the question as "if I made a reservation now (meaning 63,000+; or the current end group of the reservationists) is when they will be getting theirs."

I'm just looking at more possibilities for why he gave the answer he did. He did not state it as a 'Cast in stone" answer.
It is open to alternate possibilities.

bebopag

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Wonder what odds Vegas bookmakers will now make on a 2018 Elio production start ?

Elvis owned a Messerschmitt 200 (87 mpg / 65 mph) !
1955 drive out $650.

Last edited:

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Perhaps he was seeing the question as "if I made a reservation now (meaning 63,000+; or the current end group of the reservationists) is when they will be getting theirs."

That's the way I think he interpreted the question. If current reservationists start getting Elios in Q3 of 2017 someone who reserves now will be getting their vehicle in 2018. That is what I am going to be thinking as I try to fall asleep tonight.

Top Bottom