• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio On Cnbc 12-27

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The interview most definitely could have gone better. It's good that EM got some focused airtime exposure, but on the downside..... it didn't cause any excitement or positive reinforcement. I would have liked to hear some stuff like "the finish line is within sight now" or at least something like "we are exactly what Trump is wanting to happen to America".

I know that Paul doesn't exactly have an energetic or exciting personality, but if he wants to draw positive media attention & buzz to EM then he has to seriously stop with his monotone, expressionless, drawn out speeches. Just during his opening remarks alone, I even started to loose interest!! (thankfully Brian Sullivan cut him off!!). And I know he stated before that he doesn't care about his own personal appearance much, but can someone at least give him a good look over before he goes on camera & PLEASE straighten up his tie!?! It just really does NOT project a good image of confidence, or of a company that has their stuff together. (.....but at least he wasn't wearing his trademark suit that is 2 sizes too big for him -like in all his other appearances). Ever seen the movie "Crazy Stupid Love"?? -well right now the image that Paul projects to the world is EXACTLY Steve Carell's character at the beginning of the movie. NOBODY wants to pay attention to someone like that.

It's just so frustrating that EM has all these prime opportunities like this one (and recently, the LA Auto Show), but they don't take full advantage of the exposure to generate the much needed EXCITEMENT that this project deserves.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would have been nice if the interviewer went a little further and said "any chance of earlier then that?"
And see what he had to say.
Yes, he gave an answer to the question he was asked, but he did not elaborate any further than he did.

Perhaps he was seeing the question as "if I made a reservation now (meaning 63,000+; or the current end group of the reservationists) is when they will be getting theirs."

I'm just looking at more possibilities for why he gave the answer he did. He did not state it as a 'Cast in stone" answer.
It is open to alternate possibilities.
Unfortunately, since my first reservation in 2013 his answers have never been "cast in stone". The goals remain the same only the goal posts keep moving and IMHO the alternate possibilities includes additional longer term production projections. I'm four years older now than when I made my reservation and the grim reaper seems to be closer than the production of the Elio.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK so what is really going on here? Is the delay to 2018 because of the AVTM loan issue only? I thought they had some other ideas about starting production even if they didn't get the loan. What about the 100 fleet units in December 2016? Yes I know I could send EM all of these questions myself and should. But I would think EM would want to be more proactive and keep all of us faithful fully informed and not guessing. I am now worried about a lot of us that have been around for a while giving up hope. The scenic inside me hopes maybe my grandkids can go pick up Grandads Elio.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For me personally, the date of 2018 works out very well because I went and purchased a vehicle on August 28th 2016 and asked Elio Motors to place me in back of the line. This gives me more than enough time to travel with what I purchased and hopefully this Elio vehicle will be produced in 2018. They will delay delivery for me within one year from date of production and I placed my deposit down of 1k in May of 2014. I also purchased stock when it was offered by Elio and I am watching to purchase more when the time is right. I think they will get the loan AVTM loan with other banks watching as we near the 65K mark for orders.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The worst thing one can do right now is dwell on disappointments. Look, PE's nose is NO LONGER (Pinocchio) than when I first saw him! :D The man is still trying to build excitement, he nose...err he knows what everybody's feeling right now with yet another year of delay but hey, he's out there as in this latest CNBC interview, unafraid. The news we don't want to hear is if he start spending more time in some Eastern Nation with no extradition. :D;)
I've never taken the ELIO as a serious replacement for my 4 wheeled car, safety has always been "MY" concern for this smaller, half-a-car, untested novelty on this fast paced freeways and byways that most of us live in. My thinking is the ELIO will be good for short distance side street driving for groceries, to our local golf course, etc. If the ELIO is close to "motorcycle" fast and nimble (a test drive will help), it will stay in the side streets until a more potent engine is in place...but...first things first....! :D

TEXAS FLASH

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Saw Paul on CNBC the other day.......... I'm let down,,, how many years are we going to hear that it will start production SOON... NOW IN 2018 :mad: !? I'M not getting any younger!

Capture.JPG

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
PE is the high paid CEO of EM, why would you feel for him? He should feel for you. Most people are exhausted after getting home from a hard days work for far less salary. Perhaps he should work harder or smarter.

I must have missed it, just how much is Paul paying himself?

Top Bottom