• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio On Cnbc 12-27

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I must have missed it, just how much is Paul paying himself?
image.jpeg

TEXAS FLASH

Elio Fan
Reaction score
quoting Rickb:
"The $200K EM Executive salaries in what is a startup company without a product to sell and no revenue stream beyond venture capital and reservation funding is excessive."

Paul is taking $4800/week or $249600/yr

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
quoting Rickb:
"The $200K EM Executive salaries in what is a startup company without a product to sell and no revenue stream beyond venture capital and reservation funding is excessive."

Have you not heard the news ?
USA Excessive Executive pay has been the new normal for quite a while. Profits have little to do with compensation anymore.

BTW, I do not find those Elio Salaries to be relatively excessive . It is hard to find a good CFO these days.

https://www.benzinga.com/news/16/12/8850664/whats-up-with-all-the-vacant-cfo-positions

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
quoting Rickb:

Have you not heard the news ?
USA Excessive Executive pay has been the new normal for quite a while. Profits have little to do with compensation anymore.

BTW, I do not find those Elio Salaries to be relatively excessive . It is hard to find a good CFO these days.

https://www.benzinga.com/news/16/12/8850664/whats-up-with-all-the-vacant-cfo-positions

Booboo, I simply found it interesting looking over EM's filings, Business model, employee stats, and financials. Under 20 full time employees, no partime employees, mostly high paid VP's, with all the engineering and prototyping contracted OUT to various vendors. The balance of the employees must be roadshow workers, clerical, custodial, and manage the daily activity on EM's website and facebook pages. Seems to be top heavy on the BOD and VP side when EM is still in the prototype building stage of development. It makes more sense to the spend limited funding on prototyping/testing that is critical for VC fundraising and then hire VPs to do the marketing, government affairs, etc.. EM states they are currently funding daily operations with revenue from Elio Reservation Deposits. Their business model isn't working according to plans.

IMG_6800.JPG

EM as a new startup company is structured like an established company that has a tangible product to sell providing a revenue stream. Most EM executives on the list will be old enough to qualify for retirement by the time the Elio makes it to production. Some already are.

Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The real reason is probably COO Iyer's pay. It is considered highly unconventional for the COO to be paid more than the CEO, and I imagine Iyer is being paid as much as he is because that is what he required for his services. If the CEO took a lower pay rate than a lesser officer, then that might indicate to investors that the company is not confident in their ability to fund their startup goals.

At least, that is how I've seen it explained in the past. Elio is taking the same payrate as Iyer, and not a penny more.

Top Bottom