• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio On Fox News

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Debatable... But, it was 2 minutes in front of a national audience. So, there's that. At the least, there are probably a bunch of people scratching their heads thinking "What is Pep Boys doing with this El-Leo car?" Maybe some research on the internet, their interest peaks, and they commit. At that point, they should realize it's EEE LEE OH and not L EE YO. Anyway, back on point. by being on the show, they at least got their name out in front of a national audience who may not have known about Elio before. (Maybe if enough people ask Fox about it, they'll run an actual story about Elio on a slow news day...)
I am biased, but, being an Elio Lover, I just wanted to see more!
The snow video was more entertaining to me. I just expected a
better showing of this new and exciting idea in transportation,
but, maybe the wide exposure will be more important.

Last edited:

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fox News Channel’s Fox & Friends,Elisabeth Hasselbeck averaged 1,226,000 viewers, with 289,000 of them in the 25-54 news demo. The lower half of our age poll.

Number one rule in marketing.
Introduce your product (not sell) to the most people you can, the cheapest way you can.
EM is in a marketing mine set at this time. They are not trying to sell the car to anyone. That is why there is no customer support (as for the car) most of you are crying about. There is no car to sell so no customer to support.

All we bought from EM was a shirt and a place in line. For that they owe us customer support.

Again. There main goal is to introduce the product to as many people they can before they start "selling" after production starts. JMO, but mostly fact.

Someone watch for the jump in reservations. That two min. probably equals at least a thousand road shows if not more.JMO
Right!

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pepboys Mass.JPG

I live 15 miles from F and work in Boston so decent Pepboy locations in my area... Go west from here and coverage is thin..

Ray

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fox News Channel’s Fox & Friends,Elisabeth Hasselbeck averaged 1,226,000 viewers, with 289,000 of them in the 25-54 news demo. The lower half of our age poll.

Number one rule in marketing.
Introduce your product (not sell) to the most people you can, the cheapest way you can.
EM is in a marketing mine set at this time. They are not trying to sell the car to anyone. That is why there is no customer support (as for the car) most of you are crying about. There is no car to sell so no customer to support.

All we bought from EM was a shirt and a place in line. For that they owe us customer support.

Again. There main goal is to introduce the product to as many people they can before they start "selling" after production starts. JMO, but mostly fact.

Someone watch for the jump in reservations. That two min. probably equals at least a thousand road shows if not more.JMO
Yeah, I guess,,,
I wear my Elio shirts almost every day,
and people still don't know,
of the Elio in my daily outings.
Any news coverage is better than,
No, news coverage.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess,,,
I wear my Elio shirts almost every day,
and people still don't know,
of the Elio in my daily outings.
Any news coverage is better than,
No, news coverage.
Though the shirts are a nice little perk, their main reason is marketing. Ten people see your shirt, five ask about it and hopefully, 2 go all in for a K. Same with the sticker.

Otis

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you saw the 2 minute blurp on the Elio on F&F. I wonder, did anyone else feel like I did about that?? Here's how I felt.....Pissed!! Man that segment was only 2 minutes long and they rushed every question and answer Paul gave them. And then they drove off acting like it was a joke. I personally do not think that that little blurp helped Elio at all! Maybe I'm just too critical because I have such a high interest in the success of this endeavour, but I thought they should have done their little outdoor segment with the motorcycle THEN had Paul inside the studio talking about it! In a relaxed, NON-rushed environment. I guess I had high hopes (or highER hopes) that it would have been better. I really think that if the word could get out, the reservations would take off! F&F showed that kid doing a failed backflip more than they showed the Elio segment. Ok, I'm done! I apologize for complaining.
But please let me know if you felt similar. Maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy old man!

paddy's wagon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The Ditsy blond didn't help but at least the Elio got some exposure. I liked the notion Mr. Elio put forth.......it's an AND car. Your SUV and your Elio, Your 4X4 truck and your Elio. Not a direct quote.
Oh, and did you hear that throaty exhaust note as the Elio pulled away?

Last edited:
Top Bottom