• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio On Fox News

tom k

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you saw the 2 minute blurp on the Elio on F&F. I wonder, did anyone else feel like I did about that?? Here's how I felt.....Pissed!! Man that segment was only 2 minutes long and they rushed every question and answer Paul gave them. And then they drove off acting like it was a joke. I personally do not think that that little blurp helped Elio at all! Maybe I'm just too critical because I have such a high interest in the success of this endeavour, but I thought they should have done their little outdoor segment with the motorcycle THEN had Paul inside the studio talking about it! In a relaxed, NON-rushed environment. I guess I had high hopes (or highER hopes) that it would have been better. I really think that if the word could get out, the reservations would take off! F&F showed that kid doing a failed backflip more than they showed the Elio segment. Ok, I'm done! I apologize for complaining.
But please let me know if you felt similar. Maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy old man!
I totally agree! it was treated like a joke more than a innovation!

tom k

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Had high hopes for the news segment, but was very disappointed. you weren't even told on how to get further info on one, if your new to hearing about it.

Otis

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Gee, sounds just like the stuff on three other new post today.:)
Probably short on time.
Sorry if this was a repeat posts. I looked at titles of the recent recent posts and didn't see anything talking about today's F&F.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry if this was a repeat posts. I looked at titles of the recent recent posts and didn't see anything talking about today's F&F.
No problem, the more members we get, the harder it will be.
It's just that the forum is up to all most 360 threads. Hard to believe there can be so many different subjects on half a car that does not exist yet.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Ditsy blond didn't help but at least the Elio got some exposure. I liked the notion Mr. Elio put forth.......it's an AND car. Your SUV and your Elio, Your 4X4 truck and your Elio. Not a direct quote.
Oh, and did you hear that throaty exhaust note as the Elio pulled away?
Unfortunately that throaty exhaust note is apparently caused by the 1990 Gio engine. LOL I hope they don't try to replicate that in the AIV engine we get. :-) Z

Velnias

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Wait, did you guys really expect Faux News to take something good and beneficial to the people serious? Thought enough people knew by now just how bought and biased that propaganda source is. I am actually surprised it went as well as it did. I was expecting them to challenge him, the company, the vehicle, to bring up much of the online negative postings going on, and just in general be their normal jerks about something like the Elio. Faux News loves to try and downplay or outright denounce things that could be good for the common folk. So since they only made light of it and seemed a bit rushed and whimsical about, yet didn't actually make one negative comment about it, I see this as a massive win for Elio.

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just watched the fox news youtube video...Well hopefully the next news crew actually is respectful of elio and doest put him in middle of the street with cars/bus driving by and doesnt treat him like an idiot. I am excited for elio to come out and cant wait...paul elio you have my respect!

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you saw the 2 minute blurp on the Elio on F&F. I wonder, did anyone else feel like I did about that?? Here's how I felt.....Pissed!! Man that segment was only 2 minutes long and they rushed every question and answer Paul gave them. And then they drove off acting like it was a joke. I personally do not think that that little blurp helped Elio at all! Maybe I'm just too critical because I have such a high interest in the success of this endeavour, but I thought they should have done their little outdoor segment with the motorcycle THEN had Paul inside the studio talking about it! In a relaxed, NON-rushed environment. I guess I had high hopes (or highER hopes) that it would have been better. I really think that if the word could get out, the reservations would take off! F&F showed that kid doing a failed backflip more than they showed the Elio segment. Ok, I'm done! I apologize for complaining.
But please let me know if you felt similar. Maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy old man!
Same here!:mad:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Same here!:mad:
I frankly do not know how Paul Elio can stand to watch these idiots drive off in his precious Elio. I cringe every time I see one of these displays. Then to be treated to such a rush interview after traveling all the way there for it - insulting. But maybe news lite by Fox is the only way to get it on the air waves. That will change when we start driving these babies all over the country ourselves. That is going to be so awesome! Sigh! :-) Are we there yet Dad? LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom