• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio P5 At Detroit Auto Show

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
On a way to run power to LED strips on the fender ......
Run the wire under the rear leg of the upper A arm and connect at outer end using flat connector.

REH-85208_HK.jpg

That way it can be used on any fender type.

---> http://www.summitracing.com/parts/r..._ZB8h7b0gqt-jKf62-Hjzan4zY2qAO2TEcaAtqC8P8HAQ <---
Buy in volume they get a lot cheaper 5-12 gauge 2 wire quick disconnect (these are $2.70 each)
If you are buying in the kind of bulk they will, they'll probably be $.25 each or less.
I agree with the wire under the upper a-arm; since it's a stamped piece there's a nice channel to run it in.
And LED's would look so much better :cool-new:

Reaction score
I wonder if the passenger moves the latch on the back of the drivers door, would the drivers seat snap back into the passengers face? I like that the latch is large. Oh EKH, these pictures are beautiful. Thanks so much. Hey, My final plans are made for both the 16th & 23rd. We will not be staying in a hotel, but driving in, visiting, and driving home. It's a three hour trip each way. I'll have Maddy and Tim with me on the 16th and Maddy's sisters the 23rd. I am so excited.

OH EKH, Will there be a nice sit down restaurant in the building?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if We can Drive our Elio into Canada and leave our helmets at home or would we be stopped at the border and told to put on a helmet?
Why would you need a helmet? In the majority of states the only helmet laws left for it are by age restriction, and that very well, will not be an issue by the time it comes out. I have not heard any mention of helmets while driving an Elio in Canada.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why would you need a helmet? In the majority of states the only helmet laws left for it are by age restriction, and that very well, will not be an issue by the time it comes out. I have not heard any mention of helmets while driving an Elio in Canada.

If it is a motorcycle it will require a helmet. Check out the FAQ offered by Polaris for the slingshot.

http://www.polaris.com/en-ca/slingshot/faqs

IdahoDuffer

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It would be funny to mount an HD screen on the back of the headrest that's connected to a dash cam. Then the passenger would be looking "through" your head, and it might help with those who have some claustrophobia.
View attachment 7966

I was thinking the exact same thing but instead of a dash cam what about a 360 degree roof cam that the passenger could control?

Top Bottom