• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Rallies

Rally or not?

• Total voters

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having recently been attending motorcycle rally's for the Honda Valkyrie I have found them to be informative (tech sessions), a great place to meet like minded people, to make new friends and of course drool over some awesome bikes.

I think the same thing could and would be a good thing for Elio owners as well. There could be one big blowout national Rally and regional/local gatherings for a weekend or more.

What say YOU?

Last edited by a moderator:

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
A national one should be in Kansas since it is the geographic center of the US. However, regional ones around the coast and midwest would probably be better as most people wouldn't be willing to drive for more than 10 hours to reach an event, 12 hours is my own personal limit.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A national one should be in Kansas since it is the geographic center of the US. However, regional ones around the coast and midwest would probably be better as most people wouldn't be willing to drive for more than 10 hours to reach an event, 12 hours is my own personal limit.

That was kinda like my thinking. It took 4 days to get to the Valkyrie Rally in WI but I am retired and time doesn't mean much anymore, lol. I know most of the buyers will be from the working world, so local would most likely be the best bet.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
That was kinda like my thinking. It took 4 days to get to the Valkyrie Rally in WI but I am retired and time doesn't mean much anymore, lol. I know most of the buyers will be from the working world, so local would most likely be the best bet.
For me, the most I could allow is a day trip there, a day at the event, and a day trip back over some 3 day weekend.

That said, June '15 is probably a poor time of year because only a few thousand people would have Elios by then. I suggest instead Labor Day weekend, by then the factory should be at full production and many more thousands of people would have Elios + many people plan a vacation trip at that time anyway.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The problem with Holiday's is that gas prices always go up for them. Most people to have plans involving family stuff, etc. Any kind of rally would require some forethought and arrangements made with local site Hotels, ,etc.
One reason I was thinking June 2015 was that only a few would have Elio's, starting small enough to be able to deal with complications that arise doing something like this. Each year getting bigger and hopefully better.

Top Bottom