• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Stores Delayed Till 2017

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Everyone hates Apple, maybe that is why Apple Inc. has more cash on hand than over 120 nations, including the U.S.

I like Apple even more after Ex-GM Chief Exec. Dan Akerson suggested Apple should stay out of the car industry. I suspect the Koch Boys also want the low-Koch-oil-using Elio to stay out of the car business. I suspect they like GM's Koch-oil-loving vehicles.

http://business.financialpost.com/2015/02/18/apple-inc-better-think-carefully-on-making-cars-ex-gm-chief-says/?__lsa=586e-1ded

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Everyone hates Apple, maybe that is why Apple Inc. has more cash on hand than over 120 nations, including the U.S.

I like Apple even more after Ex-GM Chief Exec. Dan Akerson suggested Apple should stay out of the car industry. I suspect the Koch Boys also want the low-Koch-oil-using Elio to stay out of the car business. I suspect they like GM's Koch-oil-loving vehicles.

http://business.financialpost.com/2015/02/18/apple-inc-better-think-carefully-on-making-cars-ex-gm-chief-says/?__lsa=586e-1ded

My guess if Apple did indeed make a car it will take some time before they come to market and by then Tesla will be selling the Model 3 and GM's Bolt will be available as well as improved versions of Nissan's Leaf. When the Tesla 3 enters the market I believe it will truly be a game changer. A sub 30K$ 200mi+range electric with the ever increasing supercharger network will make all other electric cars sub par in comparison.

Last edited:

Ocean9000

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And if Apple builds a car, it will be built in China, have a non-replaceable battery, a proprietary charging connector that costs $5000 and no USB port. But droves of glazed-eyed Apple cattle will be lined up around the block to buy one, sight unseen. And instantly trade theirs in when the "new" model comes out, every 6 months - what a great business model, wish I had thought of it.

Last edited:

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget the Apple car will only be able to drive on Apple-approved roads to Apple-approved destinations. Getting a destination approved will be an arbitrary and capricious process. And Apple will take 30% of the income from any destination that's a business. :rolleyes:

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have any of you ever started a business? There is a correct way to create a business plan and execute that plan, according to a schedule planned way in advance.
There is currently no sense of that being the case with EM. I know Goofyone is being the "positive" force on this forum, but honestly, IMHO, I feel like EM has gone many years without reasonable advancement toward their goal.
You don't need a million square feet to start with, you just need to get going. $250,000,000 is just not that much money anymore. If that government loan fails to be approved, what's Plan B?
I predict that if EM doesn't come through with this project soon, one of the existing car companies will see all the work EM has done to create the market and come up with a similar product, without even a Thank You card.
BTW, how many cars EM will manufacture per year will depend more on actual sales rather than capacity. No company would make 250,000 cars this year if they only sold 50,000 last year......

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla just announced they are opening a "showroom" in San Antonio, even though they cant sell cars in Texas... People can come and see the cars anyways, and then go out of state to get one of they wish... This might be the way Elio has to go in some places...

Nothing Tesla does can be applied to ELIO. Tesla has been given special treatment in many areas ELIO will not get. At least without a long fight.
Tesla had big money behind it and powerful people. Some deals like Ohio allowing only Tesla to sell without a dealership may fall latter in court but that is a long way off.
We can bet there will be a lot of court room action ahead for ELIO.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have any of you ever started a business? There is a correct way to create a business plan and execute that plan, according to a schedule planned way in advance.
There is currently no sense of that being the case with EM. I know Goofyone is being the "positive" force on this forum, but honestly, IMHO, I feel like EM has gone many years without reasonable advancement toward their goal.
You don't need a million square feet to start with, you just need to get going. $250,000,000 is just not that much money anymore. If that government loan fails to be approved, what's Plan B?
I predict that if EM doesn't come through with this project soon, one of the existing car companies will see all the work EM has done to create the market and come up with a similar product, without even a Thank You card.
BTW, how many cars EM will manufacture per year will depend more on actual sales rather than capacity. No company would make 250,000 cars this year if they only sold 50,000 last year......
I've been watching Elio for awhile and its pretty clear to me they have a working business plan, and likely one which is very structured. I see that when they encounter serious obstacles that knock them off schedule, they are able to either plug some other objective into that gap so time and resources are not lost, and at least minimized. In businesses development just like actual manufacturing, there are some activities which can be done at any time all the way to some which must be done in a specific order. I should also point out, if anyone hasn't started a business before, that part of a good business plan is conducting market surveys (in Elio's case a very sophisticated one) to understand what the potential demand for your product is. Along with that, Elio has been pretty clear they will be building up to the 250,000 capacity over the first few years. Yes, I have started several small businesses both for profit and one non profit, I was successful in a couple, and totally bombed on one.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been watching Elio for awhile and its pretty clear to me they have a working business plan, and likely one which is very structured. I see that when they encounter serious obstacles that knock them off schedule, they are able to either plug some other objective into that gap so time and resources are not lost, and at least minimized. In businesses development just like actual manufacturing, there are some activities which can be done at any time all the way to some which must be done in a specific order. I should also point out, if anyone hasn't started a business before, that part of a good business plan is conducting market surveys (in Elio's case a very sophisticated one) to understand what the potential demand for your product is. Along with that, Elio has been pretty clear they will be building up to the 250,000 capacity over the first few years. Yes, I have started several small businesses both for profit and one non profit, I was successful in a couple, and totally bombed on one.

This is where we differ. Most of what ELIO puts out is meaningless thoughts on what they think may happen based on their dream. They say they will do something then just write it off and move on as if it never happened. I hope the silence we are seeing from then now means they are locked in a room fixing that.
Where we agree is we want to see ELIO on the road. We support the idea .

Top Bottom