• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Energy Department Revives Fuel-efficient Vehicle Loan Program - March 26, 2015 - Wsj.com

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or they just don't discuss anything with the general public...the return email was unsigned...it was about the most generic reply I have ever received from a government agency. Most of my missives to the IRS were answered more fully and signed by a real person....lol...
Oh, well, it was just a citizen's attempt to add a voice to the cause. I think if they received thousands of emails about an important cause it might matter...maybe not...
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
AT least the answer I got when I wrote a recommendation for the loan guarantee last summer was signed .... said what yours did, but some chipmunk put a name on it.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
So when did Elio submit?

Elio Motors finalized their ATVM application in mid August 2014 and completed the first of three hurdles in October. EM is now in the due diligence step which is the longest and most important step of the process as this is where the government actually researches EM and determines whether or not EM will be offered a loan. Unfortunately there is no set time period for this process however the loans which have been approved have taken about a year and ALCOA does appear to be following a similar time frame.

http://www.eliomotors.com/elio-motors-passes-first-review-phase-for-doe-atvm-loan/

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors finalized their ATVM application in mid August 2014 and completed the first of three hurdles in October. EM is now in the due diligence step which is the longest and most important step of the process as this is where the government actually researches EM and determines whether or not EM will be offered a loan. Unfortunately there is no set time period for this process however the loans which have been approved have taken about a year and ALCOA does appear to be following a similar time frame.

http://www.eliomotors.com/elio-motors-passes-first-review-phase-for-doe-atvm-loan/

Too bad they can't somewhat abbreviate the process a bit so we could see production begin earlier...

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you know that if you sit still, you can hear bamboo growing? Well, that's what I've read, anyway.
If you ever have the opportunity, sitting near a grove, with a slight breeze, creates a beautiful wind chime- rally amazing. Didn't know it grows in Seattle, thought living down here in S Florida, I always thought of warm climates.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you ever have the opportunity, sitting near a grove, with a slight breeze, creates a beautiful wind chime- rally amazing. Didn't know it grows in Seattle, thought living down here in S Florida, I always thought of warm climates.
No. But, I always enjoyed sitting under trees with a slight breeze blowing. For wind chimes, I made a set using copper pipe cut to mimic the black keys on a piano which, it can be argued, sound pretty good no matter what order they are played in. Some wind chimes just sound like tinkling metal which kind of grates on my nerves. Mine sound like some kind of soft toned piano music. I got the directions from Popular Mechanics http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/how-to-plans/how-to/a7426/how-to-make-your-own-wind-chimes/

Since I made them for my wife, my wind chime clapper is shaped like Louisiana which is where she is from.

Clapper... Not a clean copper clapper kept in the closet copped by kleptomaniac Claude Cooper from Cleveland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sKGtb1t9iVw

Top Bottom