• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Energy Department Revives Fuel-efficient Vehicle Loan Program - March 26, 2015 - Wsj.com

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I can remember his statement correctly.
Preston Henn, being interviewed at 24 hr Daytona. His car was a Porsche 962.

Reporter; Preston what do you do when these cars need service?

Preston; Well, I take it to any competent mechanic, and pay him what you would pay any competent brain surgeon and he will fix it.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you follow the link below, you will discover that the whole world is supporting the development of plug-in electric vehicles, because the whole world desperately needs to stop burning fossil fuels.
Clean air is not a need of blue people only....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_incentives_for_plug-in_electric_vehicles

By the way, tax credits are not money you can get as a refund. You only get the credit against taxes you actually owe. I discovered that when I spent lots of money on great new windows while fixing up this old house- and didn't owe enough taxes for the credit to help.

Also, the U.S. Energy Policy Act of 2005 established a federal income tax credit of up to $3,400 for the purchase of new hybrid vehicles, purchased or placed into service after December 31, 2005, under the Bush administration.
Just want to remind everyone that the Government does not have any money and it only gets it by taking it away from someone else. Unlike a loan which is repaid a tax credit is paid by taxpayers that may have no interest in that product (i.e. electric cars, solar panels, renewable energy, etc) and subsidize others. The middle class is subsidizing the wealthy who can afford solar panels.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... and paid it all back.

US govt loan guarantees and investments pay off extremely well.

eg, taken-over Fanny and Freddy are both shovelling $10Bs/year into the govt treasury. Even Repugs won't touch it.

iow, if US govt loans to Elio, it bodes very well for Elio to get that govt vote of confidence.

Freddy and fanny are back to making stupid loans and got their money back by fees put on the stupid people that paid their bills.
They are both still a big cam

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just want to remind everyone that the Government does not have any money and it only gets it by taking it away from someone else. Unlike a loan which is repaid a tax credit is paid by taxpayers that may have no interest in that product (i.e. electric cars, solar panels, renewable energy, etc) and subsidize others. The middle class is subsidizing the wealthy who can afford solar panels.
In reality we are all subsidizing the 1% and Corporate America. The wealthy don't need solar panels. The guy who buys the solar panel is the middle class, not because they love solar, but rather because they are trying to save some money on high energy costs and support the alternative energy options. Same guy that will likely buy the Elio.

A tax credit may be granted to encourage behaviors like energy conservation or buying alternative energy vehicles which can boost the economy in the long run to everyone's benefit. Good for the environment, less dependency on foreign oil, help to develop new and innovative technologies, and insure there will be an adequate fuel supply for your Elio until the EVElio model hits the market.

There is no guarantee a low interest government loan to help a weathy group of venture capitalists start an autocycle company will be paid back. I selfishly hope the DOE ATVM Loan is approved next week so EM can finally stop dreaming and start building.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In reality we are all subsidizing the 1% and Corporate America. The wealthy don't need solar panels. The guy who buys the solar panel is the middle class, not because they love solar, but rather because they are trying to save some money on high energy costs and support the alternative energy options. Same guy that will likely buy the Elio.

A tax credit may be granted to encourage behaviors like energy conservation or buying alternative energy vehicles which can boost the economy in the long run to everyone's benefit. Good for the environment, less dependency on foreign oil, help to develop new and innovative technologies, and insure there will be an adequate fuel supply for your Elio until the EVElio model hits the market.

There is no guarantee a low interest government loan to help a weathy group of venture capitalists start an autocycle company will be paid back. I selfishly hope the DOE ATVM Loan is approved next week so EM can finally stop dreaming and start build. ing.
I can assure there are no poor people in my area who can afford to buy solar panels even with the tax credits. People living in subsidized housing or rentals are not able to participate in these tax give aways..

Top Bottom