• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Exterior Body Options

NOLIKEIT

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I'm not an engineer but I know a little about aerodynamics and downforce.

Now before I am trolled off the cliff, let me explain. I understand this is not in any way a sports car but sporty, nimble handling can make anything fun. My 2007 honda fit sport has 109 horsepower and weighs 2500 lbs and it is a blast. Imagine the potential this little machine has.

Aerodynamics, suspension and steering are key(law of A.S.S) Now lacking one wheel already puts us at a disadvantage, so we have to compensate with aerodynamics.
A full belly pan with 2 front chin spoilers with a center channel diverting air to the rear air dams running along each side of the rear wheel. Front 1-2 feet of the belly pan removes with 4 bolts for easy servicing.

One simple addition whether it be factory or aftermarket could turn this car from a miracle of modern efficiency to an extraordinarily fun to drive fuel efficient vehicle. Race track fun with fuel economy that makes a prius look like a gas guzzler.

I have concept sketches I doodled on my phone I'll post once I figure out how.

NOLIKEIT

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
2014-07-19-12-36-56.png
Underside is slightly different in the two pictures but the end result is the same.Note_071014_170624_1.jpg
Not an artist either. :p

Attachments

• 2014-07-19-12-36-56.png
    2014-07-19-12-36-56.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 243
  • Note_071014_170624_1.jpg
    Note_071014_170624_1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 242

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 1920
Underside is slightly different in the two pictures but the end result is the same.View attachment 1921
Not an artist either. :p

No flaming from me. You're new here so you may be unaware of the performance discussions we have had. If you can design and fab some up you could sell them at the "Elio rallies" that are being planned/talked about. There will be plenty of aftermarket opportunities WHEN the Elio is in production!

NOLIKEIT

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have the tools to fabricate or mold panels unfortunately.
One of these days maybe, but until then I'll just dream of my elio rocketing around the arizona mountains and take my fit or fzr instead lol.

R

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I ask the belly pan question during the SF / Corte Madera event and the reply from one of the younger kids was not sure if they will include this as part of the base, but they are considering it

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Jerome V. told me no this weekend. He said that they entertained the idea, but it was not necessary to reach the mileage goal and it would drive the vehicle cost up.
I ask the belly pan question during the SF / Corte Madera event and the reply from one of the younger kids was not sure if they will include this as part of the base, but they are considering it

So on the surface we have what appear to be contradicting answers from the same event however when you look closer both said the belly pan has been considered or entertained and what R was told was that they were 'not sure' which does not contradict Jerome V's answer of 'no'.

To me it is appears to come down to whether they can achieve their mileage goals without the belly pan. This of course makes a lot of sense as if they can hit their numbers without the belly pan I really could not blame them much for not including it as they are trying to keep the cost as low as possible.

So the interesting follow on question is; If the belly pan is not a standard item will it be available from Elio Motors as an option?

Last edited:
Top Bottom