• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Exterior Body Options

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe I read where they are redesigning the hood and front intake (again). Apparently they are at 80+ mpg, but not quite 84 and the redesign is an attempt to hit that magic number of 84. Hell anything over 70 is OK with me. Every year they delay is a lot of extra money I'm paying on gas. Since the majority of my driving is around town where super slippery aerodynamics don't count anyway I'm considering going with the earlier style open fenders with nice mag wheels and wide tires for the 'hot rod' look. Buy the car in black then drive it straight to a custom paint shop for a flame job. Oooo-yeah baby!

The Lotus Elise was clever in that when it was at speed it made a little downforce, like 30-50 lbs, hence little drag.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Spoiler Alert!

There are some folks who will add aero effects. At speeds under 110mph, the downforce produced by spoilers, wings, air dams, and splitters is of questionable effect. Of course, as usual, taste is optional. :)

83nissan_taj-jackobs_lr.jpg
This photo is a classic example of "what's the point" and on an 83 Nissan!!

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has asked this yet. As I looked over some of the proposed options on the EM website, I was wondering if any of the exterior modification panels have a positive function or just look cool.

Great question. And I might add 'look cool' is in the eye of the beholder. Some of that stuff just looks like crap!

Top Bottom