• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Faraday Future's Ff91 (reservations)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice car, but WAY!! outside of my financial zone.
That article had some unusual quotes, like:
“if price gets mentioned, the public will freak.”

Price wasn’t mentioned, but rumors place it somewhere between $100,000-$120,000, the same price range as the Model S.

Some of those reservations include a $5,000 refundable deposit, but FF won’t say how much it raked in.

But Sampson forgot the fourth virtue: humility. FF needs to stop making larger-than-life promises, and start delivering.

That story is flash in the pan. I seriously doubt you will ever see one on the road.

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The Verge definitely isn't my favorite tech news outlet, but they were the only ones that gave an estimated price range. All other news outlets covering CES this year (Forbes, CNET, Engadget, NBC, ZDNet, USA Today, etc) claim similar stories to this one, relating to FF. Even if not everyone put hard cash down for a reservation, the 64,000+ reservation count is quite impressive -especially in less than a week. We still don't have 64,000 reservations -and that's after how many years now??
Regardless, they are claiming that they are scheduled for production in 2018. I'm going to be quite aggravated if I see one of these driving down the road before I get my Elio.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The vehicle is only open to reservations in the US, Europe, and China (Company is owned by a Chinese billionaire). You can also reserve one without putting any money down. I don't put much stock in the "interest."

On top of that, the company is in dire financial straits, has halted work on the factory where they're to produce the vehicles (they've only flattened the ground) because they have missed payments to the contractors, and most recently settled a lawsuit with the company that designed the seats in the vehicle (the settlement stipulated that the FF can't use the seats in the production version). There has also been a slow exodus of upper management...probably more to follow soon.

Faraday Future will most likely fold in the next couple months, and if not will unlikely be producing vehicles in the US.

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Faraday Future should build the platform in its various forms so that others could build bodies on the platform or license it to others so they could build the platform and build their custom bodies on top. Perhaps build the bodies in a manner that Local Motors does?
ainsideevs.com_wp_content_uploads_2016_01_faraday_future_VPA.jpg

On a side note / 'Just thinking out loud', I think it would be cool to build a body similar to the Brubaker Box on top of the Faraday Future platform.
ai.ytimg.com_vi_iOT_iSr5XnE_hqdefault.jpg

Rodster.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Faraday Future should build the platform in its various forms so that others could build bodies on the platform or license it to others so they could build the platform and build their custom bodies on top. Perhaps build the bodies in a manner that Local Motors does?

On a side note / 'Just thinking out loud', I think it would be cool to build a body similar to the Brubaker Box on top of the Faraday Future platform.

Rodster.

Interesting V-dub. It has been a few years since I last saw a "custom" bumper like that...even in E. Tennessee. :brushteeth:

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rodster.

FF can't license any of their patents, because they don't own them.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Faraday crew is trying to do something different, same as Elio. I wish them good luck too, along with the 65000 that made reservations. There is room for them too. Way different market segment than the Elio. I can't afford the McLaren either, but I can appreciate it. The modular chassis would be fun to play with.

You know what I want though? A rocket silver, manual Elio, for $7000. Now that flips my switch.

Go Elio.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm far more interested in VW's new "I.D." platform. Like the Local Motors example above, it is a skateboard-like EV foundation that any body design can be dropped on top of. The first car coming in 2020 will be a 230+ mile hatchback, followed by a Microbus reboot in 2022 and driverless cars in 2025.

Top Bottom