• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Fiat 500

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've got over 10K miles on mine now, no complaints (except for the psychotic radio), still getting above 35 mpg combined, I wouldn't pay $20K for one but at $14K I think mine was a good deal. I commute 50+ miles a day and I don't find the ride too harsh, I would actually like to lower the car to improve handling a bit, it feels like a too tall Miata, the short wheelbase makes you want to flick it into corners, but the height makes is lean over a bit too much. It's certainly not the car for everyone, but for me it works just fine.

View attachment 6671

I was thinking that larger wheels might mitigate the rough ride .

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking that larger wheels might mitigate the rough ride .
fiat.png

Somehow I don't think this rides any smoother.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I was just watching Motorweek on TV; they did a review and road test of the new Fiat 500X scheduled for 2016.
When I saw the first picture of it, first thing I noticed was that it rear of it was sitting kind of high.
As the review went on they said "The Fiat 500X is on the new Jeep Renegade chassis and running gear with a 101" wheelbase.
The "big" motor is a 2.5 liter that does 0-60 in 8.5 seconds.
This is the one they're calling an SUV style and it's pretty close to actually being one.

I wonder what else Fiat plans on "barrowing" from the Jeep or Dodge line.
How about a Fiat 500+ that has the SRT Hellcat 707hp Hemi :becky:
As the top rated American super cars go it's; 1) Challenger SRT Hellcat 707hp 2) Charger SRT Hellcat 707hp 3) Caddy CTS-V with 650hp 4) Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 470hp
I think the list I was reading was bias against Ford and Chevy.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just watching Motorweek on TV; they did a review and road test of the new Fiat 500X scheduled for 2016.
When I saw the first picture of it, first thing I noticed was that it rear of it was sitting kind of high.
As the review went on they said "The Fiat 500X is on the new Jeep Renegade chassis and running gear with a 101" wheelbase.
The "big" motor is a 2.5 liter that does 0-60 in 8.5 seconds.
This is the one they're calling an SUV style and it's pretty close to actually being one.

I wonder what else Fiat plans on "barrowing" from the Jeep or Dodge line.
How about a Fiat 500+ that has the SRT Hellcat 707hp Hemi :becky:
As the top rated American super cars go it's; 1) Challenger SRT Hellcat 707hp 2) Charger SRT Hellcat 707hp 3) Caddy CTS-V with 650hp 4) Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 470hp
I think the list I was reading was bias against Ford and Chevy.
vosxgxxinsj7dqnwy2zw.jpg

Top Bottom