• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The government loaned out all that money to Fisker and that was $100,000 car? Who was going to buy that? Meanwhile, a car that could really help the masses gets left on the sidelines.

It's called economics. Running on gasoline, the Fisker nets ~20mpg. The federal grub'ment makes a profit on fuel sales of $0.15 per gallon, individual states usually make more than the feds, Colo makes ~$0.29/gal. They have the potential for a quicker ROI lending money to Fisker than to a company that produces vehicles that net 80+mpg. Plus, a vehicle that sells for $100k nets the grub'ment another windfall in sales tax compared to a vehicle that sells for $6800. Granted, the $6800 vehicle will sell more units to offset some of the tax revenue difference, but that just means less fuel profit for the grub'ment for each unit sold, so it's another strike against the high efficiency vehicle.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's called economics. Running on gasoline, the Fisker nets ~20mpg. The federal grub'ment makes a profit on fuel sales of $0.15 per gallon, individual states usually make more than the feds, Colo makes ~$0.29/gal. They have the potential for a quicker ROI lending money to Fisker than to a company that produces vehicles that net 80+mpg. Plus, a vehicle that sells for $100k nets the grub'ment another windfall in sales tax compared to a vehicle that sells for $6800. Granted, the $6800 vehicle will sell more units to offset some of the tax revenue difference, but that just means less fuel profit for the grub'ment for each unit sold, so it's another strike against the high efficiency vehicle.
After 6 years Elio claims to have about 4000 serious buyers who have made down payments of 1000 bucks and 11 or 12 thousand MAYBE'S with a token 100 buck deposit.. Now if you divide either the 4000 or 15000 by 52 you the max you'll come up with is about 300 people in each state that may or may not actually buy.. I seriously doubt the us or local state government is going to get so excited to fund this start up..Especially knowing Every unit will take a serious chunk out of gas tax revenue.. Do you ever wonder why we see at the pump the $325.9 ? Well the (.9) was carried over from many years ago, the government used to charge .9 cents tax on each gallon sold, well now days it's a sales gimmick however uncle sam gets 50 or so cents a gallon tax..I don't care what the facade is, States and counties are not interested in giving up revenue....You do the math..

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what you are assuming again 3card but this website is in NO Way affiliated with Elio motors Nor do they claim to be? My guess is the other 15K people read some of the posts on here and determined there was no value in debating over nothing!
Again , are you really that fucking stupid..I asked why out of 16000 buyers only so few decided to check in here..Remember not all of the 1000 people in here are buyers..I have some doubt that there are actually 16,000 folks who reserved... Again read post or have someone decifer them for you before showing your IQ..

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
upload_2014-5-1_10-58-40.jpeg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDGXv1r4cW2fTpmMau8pSaGMXSUnlP5_BWee3U9clvSISMSnR1.jpg

Last edited:

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
what I am amazed at is how did Elio find 4000 fools willing to plunk down a thousand bucks on a dream and a promise. THAT speaks highly of Elio...and not so much of the goofballs that couldn't figure out that giving a hundred bucks was the proper move.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
what I am amazed at is how did Elio find 4000 fools willing to plunk down a thousand bucks on a dream and a promise. THAT speaks highly of Elio...and not so much of the goofballs that couldn't figure out that giving a hundred bucks was the proper move.

Fools? Appreciate that... Guilty I guess.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a goof ball that likes to gamble, also one who believed Mr Elio kept his boxing gloves on for 6 years deserved some support..But since handing over my credit card have discovered he did not have any more than a desperate hustle going on..Elio's lies are my pissed off factor..

Top Bottom