• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Financing Elio Motors Development And Production

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are a customer, not an investor. I am very impressed that they are keeping a weekly email list with updates. However, do not expect them to divulge any financials to the public as they have no stockholders. Real world testing requires a real world testing team. It is highly likely that Elio has under 50 people working for the company right now compared to the thousands working for Ford or Toyota. They simply do not have the manpower or capital and unless you want the price raised, you should be able to accept the progress that they are making. If you are so doubtful about their success, you should not have put your money on a deposit.

So when Elio did divuldge their financials and they don't add up (their own #"s). Then what? That's where I am at questioning their financials................They have been around six years, and they never thought about the aerodynamics of the Elio enough that it would prevent them from getting 84mpg? Or they didn't have the money until months ago to get it into the wind tunnel? Honestly which one is the most likely? Paul Elio is an engineer, and do you want me to believe he never thought about putting that in a wind tunnel? What is the failure rate of startups without funding? Pushing back dates is due to lack of funding. You don't stop developing a vehicle because you don't have a place to manufacture it. You stop developing it when you lack the funds. And now it's just barely in time funds (deposits)..............and as I said they would be better off coming clean where they are at, it could help getting more deposits, or selling more shirts. People see the other start up's fail on a regular basis. Bricklin (SV1) did not fail due to lack of orders.

Last edited:

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cars are shipped all over the country daily, a friend down the road got this delivered a few months back and even shipped enclosed (the shipping not the car) was cheaper than the "destination fee" on my last local dealership purchase.

14060891226_e90d012e1c.jpg
The last time I had a vehicle shipped was October 2012, a regular cab, short bed 2wd F150, Tennesee to Michigan $700...............................I think the estimated price for shipping Elio is accurate. Well maybe even a bit low. Every car hauler shipping Elio will have to be modified, 1 way or another. Aventador? Really? Geeez. Nice!

chubz

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The last time I had a vehicle shipped was October 2012, a regular cab, short bed 2wd F150, Tennesee to Michigan $700...............................I think the estimated price for shipping Elio is accurate. Well maybe even a bit low. Every car hauler shipping Elio will have to be modified, 1 way or another. Aventador? Really? Geeez. Nice!

The only issue with shipping the Elio is it would need to be in a closed trailer that has a flat floor. Not really a big issue. Open trailers are just cheaper.

PhilGoings

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Good point I was thinking about the trucks and service lift's.

chubz

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I think we would all like to take a drive. I think the pre production cars should be taken to a stadium or large parking lot to let people with reservations and interested buyers have a go. They then can solidify what they want.

as for the non qualified buyers they should allow transference of spot or a hold till they are able to meet the financing. If for some reason I cant get financed I have a cosigner or a family member that can buy it under their name but it would be good if I could transfer my deposit and bonus to them. I also have a last ditch plan too. Come hell or high water I will have my Elio.

I am not too much concerned with the drive. At 55hp its not going to be a thrilling ride. I just want to sit in it to make sure its comfortable.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only issue with shipping the Elio is it would need to be in a closed trailer that has a flat floor. Not really a big issue. Open trailers are just cheaper.

So they will ship less vehicles per trailer, in doing so, they will raise shipping on Elio.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So when Elio did divuldge their financials and they don't add up (their own #"s). Then what? That's where I am at questioning their financials................They have been around six years, and they never thought about the aerodynamics of the Elio enough that it would prevent them from getting 84mpg? Or they didn't have the money until months ago to get it into the wind tunnel? Honestly which one is the most likely? Paul Elio is an engineer, and do you want me to believe he never thought about putting that in a wind tunnel? What is the failure rate of startups without funding? Pushing back dates is due to lack of funding. You don't stop developing a vehicle because you don't have a place to manufacture it. You stop developing it when you lack the funds. And now it's just barely in time funds (deposits)..............and as I said they would be better off coming clean where they are at, it could help getting more deposits, or selling more shirts. People see the other start up's fail on a regular basis. Bricklin (SV1) did not fail due to lack of orders.
Was it because each car cost $16,000 to build but they sold them to dealers for $5,000 to keep them in business or was it because he hired his dad as Vice president of engineering or maybe because he hired his mom as head of public relations or maybe because of the political scandal that ended further government spending on the company? Who knows... I'm glad that Elio is hiring real experts to get this project off the ground.

Top Bottom