• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Fire Side Chat With Paul - 9 Sept

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you counting every single diesel made? I believe they are all turbo. My turbo kicks on at very low rpms to give me lots of power for towing.
Never owned a diesel (except for my generator), guess I was thinking in terms of the Elio's forced induction and diesel wasn't in my line of thought, but I admit diesels make a ton of tourq at the low end. I was speaking from my experience with forced induction, which has all been gasoline powered I wonder how many of us would take our Elio's with a diesel if it were an option, and I wonder what the mileage would be?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never owned a diesel (except for my generator), guess I was thinking in terms of the Elio's forced induction and diesel wasn't in my line of thought, but I admit diesels make a ton of tourq at the low end. I was speaking from my experience with forced induction, which has all been gasoline powered I wonder how many of us would take our Elio's with a diesel if it were an option, and I wonder what the mileage would be?
I can tell you first-hand that my truck arrangement mileage for its size (the V-10 gasser equivalent only got about 9mpg). However, maintenance is expensive. Oil changes regularly run over $100. Even if I change it myself, I still pay $15 for an oil filter and $60 for the oil.

Top Bottom