• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Food/recipe/restuarant Thread

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're killin'' me, Jim! I can't see your pics from my home computer for some reason. But it sounds awesome! Never been there, and I'm only 30 miles away! Got to check it out next time I head down to Soulard Market! Man, that's a lot of exclamation points used in one reply!!!!!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You're killin'' me, Jim! I can't see your pics from my home computer for some reason. But it sounds awesome! Never been there, and I'm only 30 miles away! Got to check it out next time I head down to Soulard Market! Man, that's a lot of exclamation points used in one reply!!!!!

if you like bacon, you will go back and take friends with you .... when you go, do so at an off time .... the line to get in there can literally stretches around the block .... do you have access to another computer where you can see the pictures

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you are ever near Cookeville TN you should make this :
http://www.bullandthistle.com/
Food is awesome, waiterisses know a porter from an ale and did I mention the food is great, make a reservation or it may be sold out:)

I'll be near Cookeville, Tn. on my next Adventure, Thanks, I'll surely check it out!!

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Me too, probably not much to eat at home this time anight, but I have to decide between angry orchard and gaelic ale to go with my penutbutter and red "slap yo mama" sandwich :) tullamore dew for desert duty
Ok................I'll bite................ What is red " slap you mama"? Sounds like a peanut butter and strawberry jam samich to me.

Reactions: DWR

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A "walker and son's " Cajun seasoning,,, in the red can. Good on most anything that needs some pep !

Thinking about eats, there is a Pizza bar in Paris Tn, called Ace's , close to a hotel (crawling distance actually) Baymont I think, used to be a Hampton. Really good pizza, REALLY GOOD

I'm going to Bull and Thissel this weekend on Aniversary , 33 years outta count for some good food :)
Eating at Ace's first and second weekends in May , I help run the TN Junior Olympics in Paris TN. If your anywhere close stop in and we can have a beverage and and pizza !

Last edited:

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Two of our favorites:

Similar to "Walker & Sons" is "Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning". My boss introduced me to it many years ago, saying it was good on "EVERYTHING". Yeah it is, including your breakfast eggs. I particularly like it on my popcorn. http://www.tonychachere.com/

For grilling, there's now a whole family of "Allegro Marinades", that run from Original, with a vaguely soy sauce flavor, to Teriyake, Hickory Smoke, and a variety of wild game marinades. Try the original on chicken breast strips for a big salad (I fed this to clients in our conference room for years - and had several ask to come back for lunch!) I particularly like the Raspberry Chipotle marinade on a pork loin or Hickory Smoke on beef ribs. http://allegromarinade.com/

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the Tony Chachere's also, Great on popcorn,breakfast(maybe not cereal) , beans, rice, apples,fish,fries. pretty much everything even meat. I cut most of my deer into "grillin strips" and some get seared on an iron skillett with course red pepper ,some cutup more for chille and some even make it to the grill! Ready to experiment, which marinade you suggest for grillin venison with peppers onions and shrooms? Sheesh, I'm hungry now :)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Beach Burgers

many years ago when our kid were much younger (as were we
rolleyes.gif
), we developed a vacation place down at Holden's Beach, NC .... one of our favorites to fix became known to us as beach burgers (AKA: stuffed burgers) .... they have been mentioned in a few of our trip threads but until now I hadn't gotten around to posting a separate recipe .... they are simple to fix and give everyone an opportunity to customize their burgers to their own liking .... the concept is simple enough, pat out the burger into a bowl shape leaving a thick portion of meat all around the edges .... chop whatever you want to add to your burger and place it in bowls .... everyone fills their bowl and then uses the additional hamburger around the edges to cover the stuffing .... grill until done which due to the burger's walls being thin doesn't take very long .... you can use whatever items you like, for the ones in the pictures below we used:

cheese, celery, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, onion, ripe olives, pecans, pimento, and mushrooms

I seasoned mine with TexJoy Steak Seasoning prior to grilling

once they were on the table I covered mine with cheese and mushroom gravy

as usual, really turned out good

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]