• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love Wisconsin... I love a state that features meats and cheeses plus beer as staple foods.

I was just thrilled to death about walking into the Wally World and 5 feet into the store is a beer cooler loaded to the top with ice cold brews. :D if they had brats and cheese a few feet away would have been perfect :)
So too cardiologists just try to stay alive before you're "thrilled to death"

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm from Maryland, a state that did not enforce prohibition. However, alcohol was still illegal at the federal level.

Home brewing (Bert and wine) is legal at the federal level, but not in every state.

Federal law covers all states, no matter what one particular state may say. Marijuana is still illegal at the federal level, even though Colorado says it's okay. That's why no banks will do business with dispensaries there.

I'm not telling you not to distill your own liquor. I'm just saying it is illegal in the US of A. I wish it wasn't. I have been running a Homebrew shop for almost 20 years, and would love to be able to run classes and demonstrations on home distilling. I actually know quite a bit about the subject.
And how did you come by this knowledge of distilling? <kaf, kaf>

McBrew

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it legal to fortify a wine to protect it from turning off into vinegar? That's tradition in most wine making.
It is legal to add spirits to wine just like it is legal to add spirits to a cocktail. It is not legal to create those spirits through distillation at home.

I would disagree that it is common to fortify wines at home. Out of the thousands of winemaking customers I have, probably less than 1% of them have ever fortified any of their wines.

Vinegar is caused by a certain type of bacteria getting into the wine. Proper cleaning and sanitizing will prevent this.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... And now, back to our regularly scheduled topic...

The engine... well, obviously, the Topic's Friday in question has come and pass. Has anyone heard rumors or facts about when they will actually do the "Official first start"?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... And now, back to our regularly scheduled topic...

The engine... well, obviously, the Topic's Friday in question has come and pass. Has anyone heard rumors or facts about when they will actually do the "Official first start"?
ya never know-lol- if it's Friday, it's blog day!! Think they might talk about the heater's BTU today!!- 38d down here tomorrow a.m.!!!

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe if I had an engine ,tested it,and it was ready to crank about two weeks ago, I'd have that engine in my car now and testing it. I sure wouldn't be just sitting on it. So Elio wants the press and a selected audience to see the ( first ) running of the engine . Why not have it in the And ?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe if I had an engine ,tested it,and it was ready to crank about two weeks ago, I'd have that engine in my car now and testing it. I sure wouldn't be just sitting on it. So Elio wants the press and a selected audience to see the ( first ) running of the engine . Why not have it in the And ?

agree but with the P4 being tied up in a pretty tight tour schedule, unless they have secretly built another vehicle (which would be one heck of a publicity surprise), they don't have a body ready in which to mount the new motor

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone notice the new board member?
Elio Motors is proud of the fact that we have some of the most prominent and respected automotive leaders as part of the Elio team. Naming automotive and logistics industry veteran Dave Schembri
At one point we had said, as a way to check progress, watch for board members to see if anyone bales or we get new ones. We'll we got a new one.

Top Bottom