• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Front License Plates (if Required)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Colorado requires a front plate ..... I think the only vehicle I have with one is the motorhome. I do have a 'Ford Motorsport' plate on the front of the '64 Falcon 'vert, but I don't think that counts as a 'plate'.
So following suit, the Elio won't have a front plate either. ;)

I rescued a Falcon... 1960 four door... Put a 302 in it though because it didn't have a motor (paid $100 for the car in the beginning) This was in 2009. It was far from finished a the time of this picture.
001 (6).JPG

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
California doesn't require a front plate on motorcycles. So its a non issue here. Unless they change that for the Elio and make us stick a plate up front.

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In a state where a front plate would be required (Illinois, I'm talkin' about you!), there's a hinge mount. I have one on my Miata (ran eight years with no front plate before the local cops woke up!). This will display the plate at town speeds, but at highway speeds, the plate lays down in the radiator opening. Been running it now since 2008 with no questions asked. There's a couple of different types of them out there, and you could make your own as well.

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You could maybe incorporate it into aiding as a front spoiler. This was a big issue with the Solstice Club members too. It totally ruins the look in front of a Solstice because they were mounted between the grills. Ty , I like the Falcon, I use to own a 62 Ranchero, sure wish I didn't sell it.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Colorado does NOT require a front plate on motorcycles. Good thing we have an autocycle here! :D
Right... back to the original post. At some point, the Federal government (and states for that matter) could come back and change the definition of what a car is. For the sake of THIS topic, what do we do if states that currently require front plates come out and say the Elio has to have a front plate?

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Right... back to the original post. At some point, the Federal government (and states for that matter) could come back and change the definition of what a car is. For the sake of THIS topic, what do we do if states that currently require front plates come out and say the Elio has to have a front plate?

If they make the change it will be a problem, Hopefully an after market mount will be produced. Just a question, does the plate have to be exactly vertical? I guess that would vary by state. A front plate would be a drag in fact.

Top Bottom