• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Front Wheel Track

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
impeccable logic .... unfortunately most women are emotional, not logical

(said ducking and running for cover :eek: )

Jim

LOL, duck and hide!

But hey, I've heard the logic from the fairer sex too.

"Honey, I need to go get those shoes that I want."
"Why do you need those shoes?"
"To go with that awesome brown purse?"
"What awesome brown purse?"
"The one that I saw at <insert store name here> that goes GREAT with the new shoes!!"

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL, duck and hide!

But hey, I've heard the logic from the fairer sex too.

"Honey, I need to go get those shoes that I want."
"Why do you need those shoes?"
"To go with that awesome brown purse?"
"What awesome brown purse?"
"The one that I saw at <insert store name here> that goes GREAT with the new shoes!!"

Ah yes..
Or the inevitable, "Look at the money I saved on these by buying one and getting the 2nd half off!" "But you only needed one."... "Yes, but the.. money..I saved..."

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I know it looks wide on paper but if you compare it to more vehicles it's actually much closer to the middle. When I measured/looked up a bunch of vehicles for the last thread I discovered the nissan leaf is 0.6" wider in front track and it's by no means a large or wide car.
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/front-wheel-track.1815/
Respectfully disagree 2.oh ... :-) if you look at your list, the Elio is wider than nearly all 4-door sedans. I remember looking up 4-5 cars in my reserach and the Elio was wider than them all. Also, you have the 2013 Leaf listed to be narrower than the Elio. Did you mean another year of the Leaf?

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree 2.oh ... :-) if you look at your list, the Elio is wider than nearly all 4-door sedans. I remember looking up 4-5 cars in my reserach and the Elio was wider than them all. Also, you have the 2013 Leaf listed to be narrower than the Elio. Did you mean another year of the Leaf?
Oops, no I apparently was remembering the Elio's track incorrectly. :/ All the vehicles I listed I measured, the elio I have to go by what they have released. Either way I remember not thinking it would be an issue after looking at the numbers. The sports cars and exotics on my list have narrower tracks due to wide wheels, where the elio has been designed around very narrow wheels by comparison.

Top Bottom