• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Funding Refused By Paul Elio

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps it would be better if top pay management takes a pay cut. Keep in mind EM will recieve a % kick back of the entire EM payroll over a ten year span after the contract kicks in. Why is it the guy on the line should sacrifice pay cuts? I'm guessing most of the 1500 hired had previous years of work experience at GM that they bring to EM's table. The 2014 poverty level income was $23,850 for a family of four, just sayin.

The crowd funding, the Billionaire venture capital, and the possible ATVM Loan, are all funding options to help get Elio to production, which includes a decent wage for the people building them.

Rick, What does any of that have to do with a new employee. You start at starting pay. (whatever that is) You work your way up the ladder. Nothing wrong with starting on probation. Did you start at top pay? Were you never on probation?
When you start, you don't know your job. Should you be at top pay while you learn or are in training?
Maybe, because of your background, you will start at a higher pay than someone else.
Maybe, because of your attitude and/or work ethic, you will be terminated before you complete your probation.
Maybe, because of your attitude and/or work ethic, you will be promoted.

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Incidentally, the material that was used came from course CPET 575 - Management of Technology at Purdue University.
Here is somemore FUD I gathered from another post; "For the first 45 days, enough people to staff two shifts will be working together on one shift. They will start at 70% of capacity and increase to 100% capacity by end of the 45 day period. For the next 45 days, these two groups of people will split up and operate two shifts. Once again they will start at 70% and increase to 100% by the end of that 45 day period. At day 90, they are expecting to be at 1000 per day (100%) which is a yearly rate of 250,000 per year, and remain at that rate. They are expecting to produce essentially 250,000 vehicles during their first 12 months."
This is why my WAG of how long it will take to satisfy the reservations was made. About 90 days. By then all of the production problems will have been fixed and any snags will have been addressed. The next 50,000 may be a better vehicle than the first 50,000.
The reference for those with a short memory; http://elioowners.com/threads/invitation-only-event-la-area.6212/page-7#post-104913

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is somemore FUD I gathered from another post; "For the first 45 days, enough people to staff two shifts will be working together on one shift. They will start at 70% of capacity and increase to 100% capacity by end of the 45 day period. For the next 45 days, these two groups of people will split up and operate two shifts. Once again they will start at 70% and increase to 100% by the end of that 45 day period. At day 90, they are expecting to be at 1000 per day (100%) which is a yearly rate of 250,000 per year, and remain at that rate. They are expecting to produce essentially 250,000 vehicles during their first 12 months."
This is why my WAG of how long it will take to satisfy the reservations was made. About 90 days. By then all of the production problems will have been fixed and any snags will have been addressed. The next 50,000 may be a better vehicle than the first 50,000.
The reference for those with a short memory; http://elioowners.com/threads/invitation-only-event-la-area.6212/page-7#post-104913
I would like to think that quality control will insure a quality built Elio rolling off the line whether it's the first 50,000 or the next 50,000.

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but the demands from armchair quarterbacks, who can't even see the game being played, calling for the dismissal of Paul Elio due to perceived incompetence, seem to me to be childish, counterproductive, and a bad idea. I thank Paul for getting the Elio this far, never giving up, and continuing the march. He is doing a great job as far as I can tell, and anyone who says otherwise, who does not have intimate "on the ground information", is just talking out of their stink box...

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

OK! This is what I got from it.
Looks like 7 day / week production schedule.
They will start at 350 cars / day and increase to 500 cars a day/shift over the next 45 days.
Then
They will split the teams in half and build 350 cars/ day/shift and increase to 500 cars / day/shift over the next 90 days.
That's 700 / calendar day increasing to 1000 / calendar day.
That assumes a perfect world.
Now, we need to apply a factor for Mr. Murphy and other down time.
My guess is more like 60 days rather than 45 which would take it out to 120 days to run at speed.
Based on that, my "guess, and only a guess" is about 120 days to fill all of the current reservations.
That might mean non-reservation sales as early as November/16 .......... Depending on when they start their production run.

I don't see and Fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt (FUD) in your post. If anything, a touch of optimism.
Where I think the major problems might be? I would think the engine line since that is entirely new for most of the people who will be hired in that plant.
But, time will tell.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK! This is what I got from it.
Looks like 7 day / week production schedule.
They will start at 350 cars / day and increase to 500 cars a day/shift over the next 45 days.
Then
They will split the teams in half and build 350 cars/ day/shift and increase to 500 cars / day/shift over the next 90 days.
That's 700 / calendar day increasing to 1000 / calendar day.
That assumes a perfect world.
Now, we need to apply a factor for Mr. Murphy and other down time.
My guess is more like 60 days rather than 45 which would take it out to 120 days to run at speed.
Based on that, my "guess, and only a guess" is about 120 days to fill all of the current reservations.
That might mean non-reservation sales as early as November/16 .......... Depending on when they start their production run.

I don't see and Fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt (FUD) in your post. If anything, a touch of optimism.
Where I think the major problems might be? I would think the engine line since that is entirely new for most of the people who will be hired in that plant.
But, time will tell.
Every position will be new to the people on the line but those jobs can be learned in minutes for the most part and hours on the high side. None of those jobs was difficult. The engine line will be staffed by IAV or Comau... I can't remember which while Elio employees watch "over the shoulder". Then, they'll switch and Elio will take over and eventually, the experts will leave Elio to it. I do, however, agree that the engine line will be the "throttle" for the assembly line. All the other components are delivered by companies with lots of experience making assembly line time-lines. Logistics willing, I don't see it taking even 45 days to hit full speed. It's going to be determined by that engine line and logistics. The assembly line is the easy part.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It looks like a text book work book written by a professor who has never done anything in his life except to critique others who have actually attempted to do something. So if others hadn't at least tried, he would be out of business.
Sort of, Elio's prior business with seat manufacturing has been the subject of some interesting graduate papers and presentations, it is not hack work or uninformed. I agree, talented entrepreneurs often take several swings at the ball before connecting.

Top Bottom