• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Funding Refused By Paul Elio

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, karl. We should refer back to this every time the discussion relates to anxiety over the lack of an IPO. In particular, I quote from the second citation from inc.com :

"The NASDAQ Global Market requires companies have income from continuing operations before income taxes in the latest fiscal year or in two of the last three fiscal years of $1 million or more. The NASDAQ Capital Market has a lower barrier to entry, requiring net income from continuing operations in the latest fiscal year or in two of the last three fiscal years of at least $750,000. Meanwhile, the NYSE's American Stock Exchange (AMEX) requires pre-tax income of $750,000 in the latest fiscal year or in two of the three most recent fiscal years.:eek:

The exchanges also offer alternative listing standards based on cash flow, market cap, and revenue for larger companies not meeting the pre-tax earnings' tests."
Is this saying only established companies showing this profitability can go public with an IPO? This would mean going public would be of no help in initial funding of EM. IPOs would only help EM expand after it is already established and in operation.

Paul Elio said at Saint Francis University he would go public only if he had to. This sounded like he would go public to get the money for initial establishment of the company.

Now I am confused.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I have blocked the jabberwaky(s). I don't see the 'crap' talk because I used the 'ignore' option. I am soooo much happier. But I'm glad others here haven't. 'Cause I can see by their reactions I really don't need to unblock anything for now. My signal-to-noise ratio is just fine now, as a guess.

I imagine as Elio Motors gets more believable the 'wolf-cries' will get louder. That pretty well shows there is an agenda at play.
No. That's out of line and I'm not going to let it slide.

By all means! Thanks for stopping by just to name-call.
That certainly was very positive and valuable input, I must say.
Y'know, it's funny. I haven't seen any signs of agendas or anyone wanting to stir the pot lately...
Till just now.

If you're only hearing half of a number conversations, how can you even hope to know what you're talking about?

You often attempt to stir up issues whenever things die down and you run out of excuses to call people names.
It suspiciously sounds like you're actually hoping that the (for now non-existant) 'wolf-cries' will get louder...
So you won't run out of "us and them" targets to look down your nose at and to unload your angst upon.
My better guess is that you just got bored and thought you'd found an excuse to throw some poison.

"That pretty well shows there is an agenda at play."
The only conspiracy happening here lately is in your own head.
Let it go and stop with the evil laugh.

Thanks for all the usual overall positivity. It was a great day. By all means, correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is this saying only established companies showing this profitability can go public with an IPO? This would mean going public would be of no help in initial funding of EM. IPOs would only help EM expand after it is already established and in operation.

Paul Elio said at Saint Francis University he would go public only if he had to. This sounded like he would go public to get the money for initial establishment of the company.

Now I am confused.

Ah yup! I think you covered it pretty well in your first paragraph!
You didn't think the shysters who run Washington, DC would make it easy for the common man to get in did you?

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Paul knows what his company is worth. I have no problem with him turning down a low ball offer, or any offer that did not meet his terms.
I remember a guy named Zukerberg, who had offers to go public that he turned down. Seams to have worked out OK for him.
At this point, I think that even if Paul can't bring the Elio to production, another company will pick up the pieces and complete the project.

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, karl. We should refer back to this every time the discussion relates to anxiety over the lack of an IPO. In particular, I quote from the second citation from inc.com :

"The NASDAQ Global Market requires companies have income from continuing operations before income taxes in the latest fiscal year or in two of the last three fiscal years of $1 million or more. The NASDAQ Capital Market has a lower barrier to entry, requiring net income from continuing operations in the latest fiscal year or in two of the last three fiscal years of at least $750,000. Meanwhile, the NYSE's American Stock Exchange (AMEX) requires pre-tax income of $750,000 in the latest fiscal year or in two of the three most recent fiscal years.:eek:

The exchanges also offer alternative listing standards based on cash flow, market cap, and revenue for larger companies not meeting the pre-tax earnings' tests."

Interesting but: http://publicshellcompany.com/

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sooooo...
You're saying you want to kick him and a whole lot of other members, many with your same views, off of the site?
Cause they're not into the soup for a grand?
Oooookaaaay...
Woah Dude. Not at all what I meant. I'm poo pooing those who are all the time looking at the numbers and explaining how the Elio just can't make the numbers. Im simply saying my 1 k gives me the right to dream and the numbers are what I paid Elio to handle with out the hassle of number researching that some here try to dissuade themselves from plunking down the buy in money. LOL Lighten up an just come on in. Its worth one k for just the entertainment here.

Last edited:

roadtrippin2016

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Investors...Crowd funding..."All- In" investors..."I want my REFUND" investors...Govt. funding..Website Apparel funding....etc. etc. etc...the needed capital that's leading up to full-scale production must be INCREDIBLE !!! ...just think of 1500 plant employees alone what that would cost ???? They are needed to be in place by April 2016....two months before the anticipated mid-2016 first production date guesstimate. That's a lot of cash on payroll before one Elio is made ! Someone...possibly Paul Elio himself has done the projected 1st month's cost to produce x number of Elio's...Supplier's may give a 90 day line of credit...but, plant worker's need their checks bi-weekly...they could possibly work something out on a pay scale graduating from start-up salary and after 90 days obtain their expected working salary....( just a thought ) of course unions would block this...OR ...not ? Either way that would temporary save Millions over the first critical 90 days...A sacrifice INDEED !....but, wouldn't it be better to make a flat $10.00 to $12.00 dollars an hour now to further the "Elio Autocycle" into production and later get your higher expected salary 90 days down the road ?...After all, the actual production of this transport is "Critically Vital" at this time while there is a facility to make them...a workforce eager to work again....a general public interest in 42,000 "All-In" drivers ready to roll !....( I'm just sayin' )

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Investors...Crowd funding..."All- In" investors..."I want my REFUND" investors...Govt. funding..Website Apparel funding....etc. etc. etc...the needed capital that's leading up to full-scale production must be INCREDIBLE !!! ...just think of 1500 plant employees alone what that would cost ???? They are needed to be in place by April 2016....two months before the anticipated mid-2016 first production date guesstimate. That's a lot of cash on payroll before one Elio is made ! Someone...possibly Paul Elio himself has done the projected 1st month's cost to produce x number of Elio's...Supplier's may give a 90 day line of credit...but, plant worker's need their checks bi-weekly...they could possibly work something out on a pay scale graduating from start-up salary and after 90 days obtain their expected working salary....( just a thought ) of course unions would block this...OR ...not ? Either way that would temporary save Millions over the first critical 90 days...A sacrifice INDEED !....but, wouldn't it be better to make a flat $10.00 to $12.00 dollars an hour now to further the "Elio Autocycle" into production and later get your higher expected salary 90 days down the road ?...After all, the actual production of this transport is "Critically Vital" at this time while there is a facility to make them...a workforce eager to work again....a general public interest in 42,000 "All-In" drivers ready to roll !....( I'm just sayin' )

Lord I wish people would stop using the expression "I'm just sayin'" and/or the equally annoying "just sayin'".
Where does it say people should get paid "bi-weekly"? Whats wrong with monthly?
(maybe it should be weekly for the first 4 week, bi-weekly for the next 8 weeks, and monthly after probation?)
Union? Louisiana is a "Right to Work" state.
Most companies have something called "starting pay" which is lower than "top pay"
$12/hr (which is just short of $25K/yr is a reasonable starting pay for people who are just learning their jobs. And let's face it: while in training they are on probation. Once they are trained they are worth more and no longer on probation. That's when you have group leaders, team leaders and the like. I will make a small bet that it will take 60 to 90 days to train for some of the jobs.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps it would be better if top pay management takes a pay cut. Keep in mind EM will recieve a % kick back of the entire EM payroll over a ten year span after the contract kicks in. Why is it the guy on the line should sacrifice pay cuts? I'm guessing most of the 1500 hired had previous years of work experience at GM that they bring to EM's table. The 2014 poverty level income was $23,850 for a family of four, just sayin.

The crowd funding, the Billionaire venture capital, and the possible ATVM Loan, are all funding options to help get Elio to production, which includes a decent wage for the people building them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom