• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Funding Refused By Paul Elio

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any at all? Cite source!

I am the SOURCE of the QUESTION. By now 10% have died while waiting, 6% are in care homes, another 11% have lost their job and are broke, 7% will be trying to sell their $100 spot on social media for an unobtainable profit before they anti up the balance and 1% are in jail. I will still be waiting for #50,001. :p You may quote the numbers from my actuary in India.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am the SOURCE of the QUESTION. By now 10% have died while waiting, 6% are in care homes, another 11% have lost their job and are broke, 7% will be trying to sell their $100 spot on social media for an unobtainable profit before they anti up the balance and 1% are in jail. I will still be waiting for #50,001. :p You may quote the numbers from my actuary in India.

Put in simple terms, you are attempting to blow smoke where the sun don't shine and think people will buy it.
10% would be 4,300. I don't think so.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
62.4% of all your statistics were made up by the person posting them. Or was it 99.9%? I only post this in memory of the 4,300 of us that have passed on.

Last edited:

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As there is no precedent to examine, my post is half WAG, half joke. I think of an American friend who has been selling timeshares outside the US his entire life. He tells me 27% of purchasers use them once or not at all. They pay $10-$20K and abandon their purchase. The company therefore over-sells each block by 25%. As the conflicts inevitably happen, they are totally prepared, with a "free upgrade", liquor, fruit baskets, and free meal tickets.

I am very interested to see the wording of the rumored crowd source financing. The courts seem to be poking their noses into exactly what the wording is and what the funds are used for. What is different with the Elio reservation system and crowd source funding? I don't see any difference. Elio's new financing plan may actually promise to spend these new funds on production? If so, this is a large step in the direction everyone should be happy with.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but the demands from armchair quarterbacks, who can't even see the game being played, calling for the dismissal of Paul Elio due to perceived incompetence, seem to me to be childish, counterproductive, and a bad idea. I thank Paul for getting the Elio this far, never giving up, and continuing the march. He is doing a great job as far as I can tell, and anyone who says otherwise, who does not have intimate "on the ground information", is just talking out of their stink box...

Thank You, Thomas Maule! :) :) :) :) :)
5 Likes!

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but the demands from armchair quarterbacks, who can't even see the game being played, calling for the dismissal of Paul Elio due to perceived incompetence, seem to me to be childish, counterproductive, and a bad idea. I thank Paul for getting the Elio this far, never giving up, and continuing the march. He is doing a great job as far as I can tell, and anyone who says otherwise, who does not have intimate "on the ground information", is just talking out of their stink box...

Step up hit send on $1000 and get you number T shirt and bumper sticker. Step up it is easy and only take a couple minutes. Show some support

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Step up hit send on $1000 and get you number T shirt and bumper sticker. Step up it is easy and only take a couple minutes. Show some support

I have given them $100 all in, gotten my T-shirt and bumper sticker, and put it on the back of my truck. Not all of us are rich like you... I am very poor, and need the elio to save me money, and would love to go all in if I had anywhere close to $1000 extra sitting around... This is not a game or a bet for me. I believe in the product, and need it. I am aware that this puts me in a minority of people buying into the elio dream... for most, this is extra cash and a fanciful interest during retirement...

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have given them $100 all in, gotten my T-shirt and bumper sticker, and put it on the back of my truck. Not all of us are rich like you... I am very poor, and need the elio to save me money, and would love to go all in if I had anywhere close to $1000 extra sitting around... This is not a game or a bet for me. I believe in the product, and need it. I am aware that this puts me in a minority of people buying into the elio dream... for most, this is extra cash and a fanciful interest during retirement...
You are exactly the target buyer that Elio is being built for. I don't blame you for waiting. At least you know you will be able to.get your Elio in the first year of production.

Top Bottom