• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Funding Refused By Paul Elio

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have given them $100 all in, gotten my T-shirt and bumper sticker, and put it on the back of my truck. Not all of us are rich like you... I am very poor, and need the elio to save me money, and would love to go all in if I had anywhere close to $1000 extra sitting around... This is not a game or a bet for me. I believe in the product, and need it. I am aware that this puts me in a minority of people buying into the elio dream... for most, this is extra cash and a fanciful interest during retirement...

Not rich just worked my ass off for a life time. No problem $100 is where you are at. My point is it is easy to jump on people that question PE when you have no skin in the game. You will find that many of us that have question PE have been around awhile. We also are the biggest supporters of the ELIO.
PE heck of an ideas man ,heck of a product he is one amazing dream. Some of us feel it is time he let those that can build it.
No business ever got anywhere with out being questioned not one. Industry I am in we get questioned everyday on everything we do.
By senior management , Government and the public . And we darn well better have answers . PE has not been held to the fire. The easy ride is over .
It takes more than a dream to find the cash.

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not rich just worked my ass off for a life time. No problem $100 is where you are at. My point is it is easy to jump on people that question PE when you have no skin in the game. You will find that many of us that have question PE have been around awhile. We also are the biggest supporters of the ELIO.
PE heck of an ideas man ,heck of a product he is one amazing dream. Some of us feel it is time he let those that can build it.
No business ever got anywhere with out being questioned not one. Industry I am in we get questioned everyday on everything we do.
By senior management , Government and the public . And we darn well better have answers . PE has not been held to the fire. The easy ride is over .
It takes more than a dream to find the cash.

I dont know... I appreciate your support, but it looks like he is able to find the cash, and I trust his vision, elgin dash included...

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are exactly the target buyer that Elio is being built for. I don't blame you for waiting. At least you know you will be able to.get your Elio in the first year of production.

Exactly.... I said I would go up to the $500 level when they begin mass hiring for the production line... I imagine they will cut off upgrades at some point... unless I missed some fine print or something that says otherwise (completely possible)

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree, and beg to differ. I think his stats are a bit off. I tend to think that the number of people who are in line because they "need" what EM is offering, is much higher. :cool:

I hope you are right... the truth is that we have no idea of the demographics of the people buying in right now... and we have a good expectation that the buying demographic will drastically change once these cars start hitting the streets...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly.... I said I would go up to the $500 level when they begin mass hiring for the production line... I imagine they will cut off upgrades at some point... unless I missed some fine print or something that says otherwise (completely possible)

a good while back they stated that after it is determined, they will give advance notice of the date they decide to close the bonus program .... I suspect once that happens, there will be a whole mess of upgrades

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think there is an entire group of aging motorcycle and trike travelers, who will switch to an Elio the day production starts. Many with the urging of their spouse who hates suffering in a helmet and safety gear. Rental and car-share fleets are other potentials, which have not been quick to buy a ticket for a dream.

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We just watched a program on everything from Kia to Freightliner having spent $20B in Monterrey, MX in the past 12 months. Building quality vehicles now exported to 44 countries. Skilled workers building engines, drivelines and complete vehicles, while being paid 8% of US wages. Ford, GM, Magna etc all with a large presence in Monterrey. The Mexican plant supervisor said that 5 years ago, when they were only assembling parts, he did not dream they would be manufacturing complex components, never mind vehicles.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think we at least have a guess as to the demographics of those who have "bought in" thus far.
PE himself commented on the advanced age of a good portion of the early opters.
I'm still trying to figure out where his "affluent" comment came from.
Take a look at the ages of the active members here.
You can get a general idea of finances if you pay close enough attention.
How many have said they need this to happen before their clunkers collapse?

If you think that's biased for one reason or another...
Take a look at the people in camera range at most of the events.
As far as the people "buying in right now", I don't think the demographics are much different.
Will they change as things naturally progress and the product is on the street? I would have to say, "you betcha."
But right now, I believe that the majority of the early opters are an outstanding bunch of low to middle income old codgers.

The vehicle may very well be a part of our generation's legacy that we can be proud to have been a part of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom