• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

General Reservation Questions And Comments

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi, If and when I get my Elio I am going to do the bel air look maybe not the same and mine will be like a 55 chevy turquoise and white. I found some bel air badges on ebay.
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find all the information helpful and useful enough to convince you to put in a reservation for your Elio. The people here are very helpful and friendly, (with a few exceptions) and will try to answer any question you may have. Looking forward to your comments, question, and opinions. Enjoy this historical experience

TGElder

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see what the problem is. ELIO isn't set to work with your money in lots of little pieces. It's hard to track and hard to manage. The key as I see it , IMHO is to make your deposit/reservation at whatever level you are comfortable with and then start putting money aside as if you were making a car payment. The way I see it, by the time they are ready to roll off the assembly line, I'll have cash in hand to make the entire purchase outright.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't see what the problem is. ELIO isn't set to work with your money in lots of little pieces. It's hard to track and hard to manage. The key as I see it , IMHO is to make your deposit/reservation at whatever level you are comfortable with and then start putting money aside as if you were making a car payment. The way I see it, by the time they are ready to roll off the assembly line, I'll have cash in hand to make the entire purchase outright.
Good point. It really doesn't matter if you hold the money or if Elio does. What matters is once you can make.the $1K, that you do it... either from the money you have been squireling away or all at once.

TGElder

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point. It really doesn't matter if you hold the money or if Elio does. What matters is once you can make.the $1K, that you do it... either from the money you have been squireling away or all at once.
Really. If it's going to be another year before they are ready for release, I'm going to walk into the dealership and put the cash on the barrel head. It really freaks out car dealers, the FBI and the IRS when you make large cash purchases. They want to know just who you are to have that kind of money on hand.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really. If it's going to be another year before they are ready for release, I'm going to walk into the dealership and put the cash on the barrel head. It really freaks out car dealers, the FBI and the IRS when you make large cash purchases. They want to know just who you are to have that kind of money on hand.
You know, that's why they have certified checks.

TGElder

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, that's why they have certified checks.
Actually, if you come in with a certified check they'll still run a background check. We are a credit driven society that lives in debt, no body saves money for anything. And if you do there's either something wrong with you. Or you're involved in some kind of activity that puts you in ready cash.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, if you come in with a certified check they'll still run a background check. We are a credit driven society that lives in debt, no body saves money for anything. And if you do there's either something wrong with you. Or you're involved in some kind of activity that puts you in ready cash.
Even with debt, there is still a need for cash/certified check. When we bought a home two years ago, we showed up with a certified check for the down payment and nobody blinked an eye.

TGElder

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a world different than my last car buying experience. We laid down 12k in hundred dollar bills, and put five on the credit card( which we paid off once we transferred funds from the savings account).And the dealership said they had to fill out a form for the IRS and for the FBI, and we couldn't take possession of the vehicle until they cleared. As it was we spent 5 hours at the dealership to get our 2010 Kia Sedona.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's a world different than my last car buying experience. We laid down 12k in hundred dollar bills, and put five on the credit card( which we paid off once we transferred funds from the savings account).And the dealership said they had to fill out a form for the IRS and for the FBI, and we couldn't take possession of the vehicle until they cleared. As it was we spent 5 hours at the dealership to get our 2010 Kia Sedona.
It's a shame... not illegal to have cash but you better not try to spend it!

TGElder

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but don't go to the airport with more than a few hundred. Those scanners can actually count the bills in your wallet. Anything $20 or larger will scan. If you do have a wad of cash, be prepared to answer lots of questions before they'll let you through.

Top Bottom