• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

General Reservation Questions And Comments

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Give me a break. Walmart employees get paid exactly what is required to operate the business and offer low prices to the consumer. Raise their wages and the cost gets passed to the consumer. I guess you are one of those who thinks flipping burgers at McDonalds should pay enough to sustain a household of 5 illegal aliens.
No, I'm not one of those that thinks flipping burgers should pay more than they can get people to work for . They are entry level jobs designed for unskilled workers. I have no idea where you reply came from. I am just stating the facts that your tax dollars subsidizes many burger flippers and other low paid employees. Earned income credit is just another way our earned dollars go to folks that do not earn it. You might reread my post. I think if you can't live on what you make then you need to get a second job. Now do you get it? And I also think Obama needs to enforce the laws of the US concerning illegals.

H town Jeff

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I'm not one of those that thinks flipping burgers should pay more than they can get people to work for . They are entry level jobs designed for unskilled workers. I have no idea where you reply came from. I am just stating the facts that your tax dollars subsidizes many burger flippers and other low paid employees. Earned income credit is just another way our earned dollars go to folks that do not earn it. You might reread my post. I think if you can't live on what you make then you need to get a second job. Now do you get it? And I also think Obama needs to enforce the laws of the US concerning illegals.

In your earlier post you said "Because of low paying jobs, a lot of their employees get food stamps ect"

People don't get food stamps because of low paying jobs. People get food stamps because we have vote buying politicians who created an entitlement society. Low paying jobs used to be filled with teenagers and voluntary part time workers, now they are filled with democrats of all ages complaining about what their skill set is worth in the market place.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep. And, not one of them has an enclosed vehicle priced at less than $10,000. Not one.
Unions destroyed Detroit, Shreveport and the South for that matter doesn't need that kind of crap.

I think you are confusing auto workers with corrupt politicians, and school board members stealing (literally stealing). BTW with buyouts, restructuring. Auto companies are where they want to be, for the most part........but like EVERY other company out there that offered pensions, they want out of pensions. How many companies went into bankruptcy to get out of pensions and put the burden on PBGC? PBGC claims 44 million Americans pensions are protected because of them.

How can Tennessee politicians say they will withhold future funds to an automaker if employees vote union? Where will these funds come from? Taxpayers. So you have to raise taxes, or withhold services from the people that pay taxes. HMMM.

From 1981 to 1989 minimum wage was $3.35. Adjusted for inflation is $8.62 today. What is the minimum wage today? Federal says $7.25. States can make it higher....and of course food and energy not factored in inflation numbers.

Last edited:

H town Jeff

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
DBN477 sounds like an Obama talking point. Facts are facts, unions are nothing more than a money laundering operation for the democrat party. Look at any city that is controlled by the dems and their union thugs you will see failure....Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia, etc. America is waking up and looking at results not hope and change.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DBN477 sounds like an Obama talking point. Facts are facts, unions are nothing more than a money laundering operation for the democrat party. Look at any city that is controlled by the dems and their union thugs you will see failure....Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia, etc. America is waking up and looking at results not hope and change.
Money laundering like the Koch brothers hijacking(paying them to support their beliefs) the tea party? Money laundering, like Bush bailing out the S & L 's so poor little Neil doesn't go to jail? Well not laundering an outright bribe. Who paid for that again?

BTW I don't believe corporations are people...... Idiot's like Steve Jobs backdating stock options (oh I forgot it's okay that he broke the law). I don't believe in corporations donating to political campaigns (that includes unions).

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In your earlier post you said "Because of low paying jobs, a lot of their employees get food stamps ect"

People don't get food stamps because of low paying jobs. People get food stamps because we have vote buying politicians who created an entitlement society. Low paying jobs used to be filled with teenagers and voluntary part time workers, now they are filled with democrats of all ages complaining about what their skill set is worth in the market place.

Those damn military families getting food stamps. Kick them to the curb after service to their country. I don't think so. Our servicemen and woman, are they part of the entitlement society?
http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/17/news/economy/military-food-stamps/index.html

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep. And, not one of them has an enclosed vehicle priced at less than $10,000. Not one.
So what happened to Tata and Mahidra? Promise of sub $10k vehicles. I know the answer just like a lot of people. Do you? And it's not due to unions.

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm all in but only at the $100 level. It's all I could afford at this moment but I hope to upgrade as I can. I'm under the impression that I won't get an actual reservation number at this level (only at the $1000 level), but since I'm "all in", does that mean I am guaranteed an Elio within the first year of production? I read somewhere that they were going to stop giving reservations once they reached their expected first year production number. Does that hold true for us $100 guys as well?

Sorry if I've got it all wrong, I wish there was a page that explained this well but I have yet to find it on the Elio motors site. I'm just rehashing what I've read on this forum and others. I'd love for someone to educate me.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
....... am I guaranteed an Elio within the first year of production?

The idea of the reservation system is to get an accurate estimate on the demand. If you have a reservation you will get an Elio. They can't give you a reservation number because there is still people reserving in the three categories above you. Which puts them before you. $1,000 "all in" is the highest deposit amount, so this select group will receive a number. They are targeting to manufacture 68,000 Elio's the first year. If you plot the growth rate of reservations it don't look like they will get reservations for every unit manufactured by the start of production unless there advertising and marketing gets more aggressive.

I read somewhere that they were going to stop giving reservations once they reached their expected first year production number. Does that hold true for us $100 guys as well?

You will get an Elio, but it may not be till the end of the first production year. You can also upgrade your deposit to improve your spot in line. Like you I went $100 "all in" and I will increase my deposit as they get closer to making this a reality. We're only the forth group in line. All the "refundable" deposit groups are behind us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I re-read the page in the FAQ again that talks about it and they do say you have a reservation no matter what level you choose and they are limiting reservations to the first year production capacity, so the info was there I just hadn't comprehended it the first time through. Not the first time I've done that. ;-)

Top Bottom