• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Gone

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is very common actually. If you have a strong viewpoint or specific interest, it often gets under someone's skin, no mater what you do. And as I've said before, it's very easy to misunderstand someone's intent, for both listener and speaker. It's also very hard for everyone to understand the protocols of the group you are in. It IS uniquely different for each. There is always trouble seeing eye to eye on what is a fact, what is an opinion and what is an insult.

Other places, I've both signed off like that as well as miffed a few people off so badly they signed off like that. I'm about 1:10 for events I know of, so maybe I'm more low key and forgiving than most. (infact one forum shut down completely right after I cutout, is that MY fault? hmmm) I even got kicked out of one. They just plain didn't like what they heard about these types of cyclecars. I guess sometimes facts are taken as politics and visa-versa.

It's not required for anyone to take it personal, just let em go, wish them well. And hopefully they find a place they feel more comfortable.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm confused, He says..."you can't get offended by what I say because I have the right to say what I want." Now it's..."I am offended because some of you have voiced opinions that I don't like." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
YES, the sword cuts both ways, AND the judger always becomes the judged. Reversals abound between listener and speaker.
This kind of subject is like fly-paper, it sticks to everyone within hearing range. And especially to anyone who jumps in.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Look. I like(d) Wayne - he certainly was provocative. But if you insist on staking strong positions - back 'em up and take the heat - no tantrums. It's like sitting in a bar as saying, very loudly, "Temple has the best divison I football team in the country." Six heads turn slowly and look slack-jawed and incredulously in your direction. Best to laugh and apologize. But continue to take yourself seriously (and often guarolously) and don't be at all shocked if you get branded either a crazyman or a buffoon.

In his last foray (Cadao Conflict of Interest story), he adopted the stance that po' folks can't buy cars and Paul something or other....I still can't wrap my head around his vague and shifting arguments. Offered the opportunity to clarify his position, he just kinda went bonkers saying that everyone on on the forum is over 35, owns a car, and that this validates his argument, or, at least I think that's what he said.

Wayne if you stay (and I think you should) fine. If you get reincarnated as your "niece" that's fine too. Just make it clear enough for us to get your take and accept it on the chin like the rest of us when you are wrong.

Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure which is more annoying...the one who is always negative and very seldom has anything good to say or the cheerleader with blinders that accepts no criticism and always carries the corporate water no matter what. Every forum I have seen has plenty of both.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure which is more annoying...the one who is always negative and very seldom has anything good to say or the cheerleader with blinders that accepts no criticism and always carries the corporate water no matter what. Every forum I have seen has plenty of both.

amen brother

Jim

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ah, he was a good egg... Pretty pessimistic, and that is what seemed to get everyone fired up.
I, for one, am disappointed to see him go.
Plus, he was going to buy me a half a beverage when I got my car!

I'm with you CT, sad to see him go. He proved to me he could take as well as give, wonder what happened. :(:confused:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: Wayne if you stay (and I think you should) fine. If you get reincarnated as your "niece" that's fine too. Just make it clear enough for us to get your take and accept it on the chin like the rest of us when you are wrong.

crying.gif

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ah, he was a good egg... Pretty pessimistic, and that is what seemed to get everyone fired up.
I, for one, am disappointed to see him go.
Plus, he was going to buy me a half a beverage when I got my car!

CompTrex,
Don't dispare over that lost 'Half a beverage'.
When I get my Elio and trailer hitch, I'll be coming up thru Northern Va. on the way to pick up a new Mini-Mate camper from the factory.
I'll multiply that 'lost half beverage' by 5.5 and bring you a 6 pack, of your choice.
I, for one, can be counted for several of Wayne's 'Likes'.
I agree, he was basicly a Good Egg but a crack developed and a little spoilage set in.
Mabe after a Cooling Off period, he will decide to rejoin us here.
If he does, I hope he will not be received with drawn guns/sabers.

Top Bottom