• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How do you feel about your Canik? I've heard mostly good things about them, but haven't handled one myself.
LOVE IT! Mines a first gen, got it nearly 3 years ago before the name really got widespread here. High cap mags, I've put about 500 rounds through it and zero issues. The price is stupid cheap for such a high quality firearm. There are new variations out now and another on the way. You Tube it, there are tons of vids out about the first gen and the newer ones.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I stopped at our local Dunham's Sports today.
They have the Mossberg Patriot w' scope for $299.99 in various calibers 'til the 24th.

Our store didn't have the 7mm-08 I wanted, so they called other stores nearby for me.
After getting the word that there was one @ a store 35 minutes away, I took a ride.
When I got there I found the gun they had in that caliber was the youth model. :(
The youth has a 20" barrel instead of the 22" and has an 1.5" less (12") LOP.
However, it has an insert with a matching butt pad to make LOP 13".

Now, I've already got the Savage Axis in .223, and I've found it a little long for a woods gun.
It'll make a great varmint field gun, but it's 43" compared to the Patriot Youth @ 40".
It's surpising how much of a difference 3" and a different contour makes.
I've also got a heavier scope mounted on the Savage.

So, actually happy to get lucked into (not sucked into) a 20" barrel, I brought it home and lengthened the stock.
Oh man! This thing is soooooo sweet. Classic stock shape. Fluted barrel and bolt and recessed crown.
Adjustable 2-7 lb. trigger. 5-shot drop magazine. For me, perfect balance and ergonomics.
The scope doesn't seem to be too bad either.

OTD for $322.99 complete.

It was just dumb luck, but I'm much happier with this than I ever would've been with the standard version.
graphics-snoopy-656322.gif

Last edited:

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And that put it into context. I hunt in Texas Hill Country. Real close to the old YO Ranch so I have lots of exotics on my ranch. One of my friends took a nice Aoudad Ram with my 1895G 45-70. It just stood there looking at him 'till he hit it with a second shot. Then it just walked away and hid in a cedar break 'till we found him and pulled him out.
the YO ranch I have heard of uncle Ted hunting there before?? Looks like a ton of fun to hunt In Texas maybe one day I can go there kill a hog or two and mount it a top my elio...,sigh sounds fun!

Top Bottom