• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Almost a month and this thread is still here! Congratulations! Thought for sure from the first few pages it would be taken down. So here's my contribution: I own 2 weapons, a Stevens - model 56 - bolt action, .22 long rifle with scope, given to my Dad Christmas Day 1942. It was used then so I have no idea how old it really is. It was the first weapon I ever fired and hit the target at about 75 yards at the age of 10. I won't say where I hit the target but I hit it.:rolleyes: The other is a S&W 22 revolver that belonged to my Great Uncle. He's been gone 34 years and I have no idea how long he owned it. Both fire .22 long rounds. Now that I have a place out in the country, I can get more target practice in. ;)

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am a second amendment supporter, but I have no registered firearms since I feel no need to comply with Unconstitutional Laws (as defined by plain English rather than politicians). Do I have any unregistered firearms? Who knows, but I want everyone INCLUDING the government to think I do.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am a second amendment supporter, but I have no registered firearms since I feel no need to comply with Unconstitutional Laws (as defined by plain English rather than politicians). Do I have any unregistered firearms? Who knows, but I want everyone INCLUDING the government to think I do.
I'll come right out and say it, I have a few, maybe 5 that are at or over 100 years old, so I don't think they are going to have much of a paper trail.
That being said, I can't remember the last gun crime committed with a relic from the 1800's..

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Almost a month and this thread is still here! Congratulations! Thought for sure from the first few pages it would be taken down. So here's my contribution: I own 2 weapons, a Stevens - model 58 - bolt action, 22 rifle with scope, given to my Dad Christmas Day 1942. It was used then so I have no idea how old it really is. It was the first weapon I ever fired and hit the target at about 75 yards at the age of 10. I won't say where I hit the target but I hit it.:rolleyes: The other is a S&W 22 revolver that belonged to my Great Uncle. He's been gone 34 years and I have no idea how long he owned it. Both fire 22 long rounds. Now that I have a place out in the country, I can get more target practice in. ;)
Unbelievable isn't it, I gave this thread like 2 days tops, but so far (knock on wood) nobody's gotten political, that's for a whole other forum somewhere (jeezee there must be at least 2 ;)) It's nice to see we can be adults about it. It's actually refreshing to having whole discussions without arguments about who's watching who and who's coming to take what. Let's face it, this is a super sore subject in the U.S., they are dangerous and people do use them for nefarious deeds, but for most of us here (I hope) it's just a tool or a hobby. I have been a gun owner for 40+ years now, and not once have I even pointed one at someone (almost did twice when someone threatened me on the street, sure made me feel safer), so for me it's like owning a race car, dangerous but only if you're an A-hole about it.

Anyway rambling on, thanks everyone for making it to the 20 page mark!

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score

TX has no registration. ;)

0313RNMAPregistration.png

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You didn't say a NICS check, you said registration. ;)

I often wonder if the government is following their own laws by destroying those checks after performing them.
Absolutely no way do they follow their own law and they HAVE exempted themselves from prosecution for violating those laws.

I have no doubt your guns are "registered" at the time of the background check. They need to know where to look when they come to take them away.

Top Bottom