• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Picked up my CZ 527 over the weekend.

cz527.jpg

7.62x39. Bored for .311 Russian but it's reported to shoot everything well.
5.87 lb. without the scope. 5-shot external mag. 37.4" overall length.
Set trigger. 3.5 lb. normal and pushing it forward sets it to 1.5 lb.
RG illuminated mil-dot 1-4x32mm with medium Warne 30mm rings.
18.5" nicely blued floated barrel. Satin finish on walnut.
Nice buttpad. Should barely be any recoil at all.

It's a work of art.
Can't wait to shoot it.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Picked up my CZ 527 over the weekend.

View attachment 8588

7.62x39. Bored for .311 Russian but it's reported to shoot everything well.
5.87 lb. without the scope. 5-shot external mag. 37.4" overall length.
Set trigger. 3.5 lb. normal and pushing it forward sets it to 1.5 lb.
RG illuminated mil-dot 1-4x32mm with medium Warne 30mm rings.
18.5" nicely blued floated barrel. Satin finish on walnut.
Nice buttpad. Should barely be any recoil at all.

It's a work of art.
Can't wait to shoot it.
What did that sell for? ($)

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
outstanding .... way beyond outstanding .... we have an Henry H012 Big Boy Steel .44 Mag on order and hope to order a H010 45-70 like yours within the next few months
You should check out the H010B before you make a decision. 22" octagon barrel with a brass body, and only 1.2 lbs. heavier. Really my first choice, but have an anal friend that had an early production H010 that jammed. He sent it back to Henry under warranty, and they sent him a brand new rifle. His early production Henry had ghost ring sights. He was disappointed with the replacement because it didn't have them. When he said he would take $500.00 for it, I promptly paid him. Would have rather had the H010B, but not for $300.00 more.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You should check out the H010B before you make a decision. 22" octagon barrel with a brass body, and only 1.2 lbs. heavier. Really my first choice, but have an anal friend that had an early production H010 that jammed. He sent it back to Henry under warranty, and they sent him a brand new rifle. His early production Henry had ghost ring sights. He was disappointed with the replacement because it didn't have them. When he said he would take $500.00 for it, I promptly paid him. Would have rather had the H010B, but not for $300.00 more.

I've thought long and hard about them both .... for us, firearms are workers, not wall hangers .... we already have 1,500+/- rounds loaded and waiting, our rifle will probably fire 250 - 500+ of them the week it arrives .... the brass is beautiful but I know that I'm not one who could work it hard and keep it looking new .... I know people put protective covers over the brass in an attempt to protect them .... I'm just not interested in doing so .... I like the octagon barrel but I have no problem with a round one .... the pound lighter is a positive to me .... ours will be topped by a 3 - 9 Nikon

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've thought long and hard about them both .... for us, firearms are workers, not wall hangers .... we already have 1,500+/- rounds loaded and waiting, our rifle will probably fire 250 - 500+ of them the week it arrives .... the brass is beautiful but I know that I'm not one who could work it hard and keep it looking new .... I know people put protective covers over the brass in an attempt to protect them .... I'm just not interested in doing so .... I like the octagon barrel but I have no problem with a round one .... the pound lighter is a positive to me .... ours will be topped by a 3 - 9 Nikon
Be careful about your loads. I had an H&R handy rifle (single shot) .45-70. The shells I had for that would not cycle through the lever action. My friend reloads and will keep me in ammo that works fine. Some bullet choices are just too long. And yes, you are correct. The shorter, lighter rifle will handle better. I'm a hunter, and in that use, neither really matter. If game steps out, you bring your rifle to bear VERY SLOWLY. The longer barrel means better accuracy. Moving at a snail's pace raising your rifle, you won't notice the extra weight. This one will be scoped over the summer. Hope I get some deer and hog.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Be careful about your loads. I had an H&R handy rifle (single shot) .45-70. The shells I had for that would not cycle through the lever action. My friend reloads and will keep me in ammo that works fine. Some bullet choices are just too long. And yes, you are correct. The shorter, lighter rifle will handle better. I'm a hunter, and in that use, neither really matter. If game steps out, you bring your rifle to bear VERY SLOWLY. The longer barrel means better accuracy. Moving at a snail's pace raising your rifle, you won't notice the extra weight. This one will be scoped over the summer. Hope I get some deer and hog.

understood .... the rounds we have are light loads pushing 240 grain lead bullets .... their length is to book specs .... we use them in our Ruger Redhawk and perform really well .... they've all been reloaded several times .... if they don't happen to work well with the Henry, we will work out a load that will .... hopefully with so many on hand, all's good .. :D

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
understood .... the rounds we have are light loads pushing 240 grain lead bullets .... their length is to book specs .... we use them in our Ruger Redhawk and perform really well .... they've all been reloaded several times .... if they don't happen to work well with the Henry, we will work out a load that will .... hopefully with so many on hand, all's good .. :D

Save some for Jay's if you guys make it back this way!

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well let me know if, for some reason they won't cycle. I can get iinfo from my friend that will work. Like I said, he's a perfectionist, almost to a fault. Won't stop till it's perfect. Not kidding. Known him since the 3rd grade (I'll be 50 this year), and he's been like that the past 40 years.

Top Bottom