• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
10K killed by guns, as much as the drop in gasoline price has caused..

A $2 drop in gasoline is linked to some 9,000 additional road fatalities per year in the United States, NPR recently reported.
Did you Know-
Drivers kill more big game than hunters.
ammbx60vd02ch5xffjbi.jpg

Good tie-in with the thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
as a reminder, this topic is one that can/often does generate heated arguments .... as such it will be closely monitored .... if things stay light and conversational, all's good .... if things get heated and argumentative, post will be deleted and/or the thread will be closed ....

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I was a fairly young man, I owned an Iver Johnson 32-20 1889 five shot revolver.
It was fun, but there wasn't any commercially produced ammo available, so I shot .32 caliber.
The cylinder to frame gap was terrible on those and you'd get a face full of sparks on each shot.
The .32 brass would expand and pretty much had to be pried out after they were fired.
But like I said, I was young, there was almost no recoil at all, and it was fun to shoot.

I've also owned two Marlin 336 lever models in .35 remington.
I traded my last one a couple of years ago because there's no ammo.
It's a shame, because it's absolutely the best brush gun I've ever met.

I had a 200-grain silver tip blow through a 6" diameter tree and continue on a perfectly straight line to a clean kill.
The tree trunk blew up in a cloud of wood dust and the tree fell almost straight down.
The kill was a nice eight point that ran 50 yards and gave it up.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
as a reminder, this topic is one that can/often does generate heated arguments .... as such it will be closely monitored .... if things stay light and conversational, all's good .... if things get heated and argumentative, post will be deleted and/or the thread will be closed ....
I'd hope you just put this thread in a spot like the jokes- I don't want to get into it, although I enjoy rattling cages. This topic has built-in opportunity to generate a lot of division, over something that has zero to do with the Elio. I mentioned this up front, and hope it will be heeded
It was bad enough when relationships over food choices created problems.
I see no need to wait.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd hope you just put this thread in a spot like the jokes- I don't want to get into it, although I enjoy rattling cages. This topic has built-in opportunity to generate a lot of division, over something that has zero to do with the Elio. I mentioned this up front, and hope it will be heeded
It was bad enough when relationships over food choices created problems.
I see no need to wait.
I can save this thead:
What's the legal standing on transporting a firearm in the Elio? How can I separate the gun without a propper trunk or glovebox? And it being registered as a motorcycle?

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can save this thead:
What's the legal standing on transporting a firearm in the Elio? How can I seporate the gun without a propper trunk or glovebox? And it being registered as a motorcycle?
well, that'll bring 'em out. Nice tie-in with the E :-), -Isn't that covered by the holster option, color matched with the interior panels?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry Keith, but I'm thinking that an actual designated thread on the subject is...
Not going to appeal (to put it mildly) to a significant number of this site's visitors...
And will therefore be non-beneficial or completely appropriate for the site...
Or for EM... And... Hey, sometimes you just can't fight passive-aggressive.

So throw in your best post boys, and then let's close 'er out.

Last edited:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry Keith, but I'm thinking that an actual designated thread on the subject is...
Not going to appeal (to put it mildly) to a significant number of this site's visiters...
And will therefore be non-beneficial or completely appropriate for the site...
And EM... And... Hey, sometimes you just can't fight passive-agressive.

So throw your best post in boys, and then let's close 'er out.
It will be a shame, Id like to think we could just be analytical and just see them as devices, curios, or colectors items. Hopefuly no one goes and says anything about politics..

Top Bottom