• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I just saw this on TV, it's Science Fiction come to real life.
Are you just an average shooter? Here's what you need to make you a #1 Sniper:

The Self Aiming Rifle

And here's the documentary on it (be aware, it's 23 minutes long)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want a chance to be one of 1,000 shooters shooting some Henry Rifles:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/08/henry-rifles-attempting-record-1000-man-shoot/

Did you happen to notice the "catch"?

Participants who register for the $650 Patriot Package will get a spot on the firing line and a certificate of participation. They’ll also get to keep the Henry 1000 Man rifle they shoot, as well as a custom gun case, cap and T-shirt.

Think I'll have to pass on that; it's a bit over my playtime allowance.
Plus travel, Hotel, rental car etc.
(It's in Phoenix, AZ)

Then I got sidetracked by this

upload_2016-9-8_19-51-12.png

A "Handheld 5.56 Mini gun" I like it, and would love to find one under the Xmas tree.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Did you happen to notice the "catch"?

Participants who register for the $650 Patriot Package will get a spot on the firing line and a certificate of participation. They’ll also get to keep the Henry 1000 Man rifle they shoot, as well as a custom gun case, cap and T-shirt.

Think I'll have to pass on that; it's a bit over my playtime allowance.
Plus travel, Hotel, rental car etc.
(It's in Phoenix, AZ).

as one might expect, there is considerable interest over on the Henry Rifle Forum ===> http://henryrifleforums.com/ <=== I'd really like to be there but its just too far for a trip that time of year .....

disclaimer : I serve as the moderator over on the Henry Rifle Forum .... folks here interested in Henry Rifles would be most welcome

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice rifle but 650$ is a bit much

the factory listed price of a Henry Golden Boy Silver edition is $599.95 ===> https://www.henryrifles.com/rifles/henry-golden-boy-silver/ <=== the factory listed price for the various lines of engraved Henry Golden Boy Silver rifles is about $900.00 +/- ===> https://www.henryrifles.com/rifles/the-american-beauty/ <=== their various 22LR lines have a huge following .... this 1000 man shoot is a fund raiser that is going to cost Henry a pretty penny .... I have little doubt that they will have a large crowd

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Easier said than done, I did field service for 27 years (mostly Phila pa) quite often I had NJ calls, so Id pull over, break down the weapon, remove the ammo, put the items in 3 different places, then cross the bridge to NJ. Never had any trouble, but I wasn't sure where the law would be on a cycle.
Now how am I going to put a gun rack in the Elio? sideways? anyway my rifle cases are 56" long, what were those truck dementions again?

May I suggest a hood mount?

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
please post your reactions .... we our grandson will turn 8 in September and our son will be taking him to a hunter safety course .... we want to give him a Henry 357 for paper punching and for deer hunting with our son (his father)

I believe that 8 is too young. When my brother and I were 12 and 14, we would sometimes play with the guns in the home when we were unsupervised. I think it was a matter of maturity not of mischievous intent. When my sons were 10, 12, and 14, They shot up 10,000 rounds of #4 spot nails in the cabinet shop while I was out on an installation. They were hiding in the shop and cabinets while shooting at each other. Therefore, trigger locks are mandatory and muzzle safeties on the nail guns are mandatory. Nothing wrong with the time spent with the grandson. Nothing wrong with the gun safety course. However, the ownership of a gun and opportunity to use it may be for an older child. IMHO I wish you well.

Top Bottom