• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe that 8 is too young. When my brother and I were 12 and 14, we would sometimes play with the guns in the home when we were unsupervised. I think it was a matter of maturity not of mischievous intent. When my sons were 10, 12, and 14, They shot up 10,000 rounds of #4 spot nails in the cabinet shop while I was out on an installation. They were hiding in the shop and cabinets while shooting at each other. Therefore, trigger locks are mandatory and muzzle safeties on the nail guns are mandatory. Nothing wrong with the time spent with the grandson. Nothing wrong with the gun safety course. However, the ownership of a gun and opportunity to use it may be for an older child. IMHO I wish you well.

thanks for your good wishes and you are most certainly welcome to your opinion .... our son is the formal and legal owner .... it will not become the property of our grandson until sometime down the line when he proves to be ready for such a responsibility .... until then it will be locked in a vault and will only be taken out under direct adult supervision

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thanks for your good wishes and you are most certainly welcome to your opinion .... our son is the formal and legal owner .... it will not become the property of our grandson until sometime down the line when he proves to be ready for such a responsibility .... until then it will be locked in a vault and will only be taken out under direct adult supervision
Kudos....
My 6 year old grandson shoots with my son and I all the time.... he has been taught to be very responsible and only shoots under supervision !

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Kudos....
My 6 year old grandson shoots with my son and I all the time.... he has been taught to be very responsible and only shoots under supervision !

agree .... each person is different and when something is right for one may or may not be true for the next .... without proper adult supervision, all bets are off and I do share the very valid concerns about anyone leaving kids unsupervised with any type of lethal weapons laying around

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Some fun with the Enfield this past weekend..
Bowers you're a crazy man.
But I don't know who's worst; you or your buddy?
You fire a grenade and then tell him to touch it, so he does! I was waiting for it to blow up in his hand!
Then a few seconds later in the video, you hear this POP from where your buddy was.

Dam I miss those days and friends like that ...... :(

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bowers you're a crazy man.
But I don't know who's worst; you or your buddy?
You fire a grenade and then tell him to touch it, so he does! I was waiting for it to blow up in his hand!
Then a few seconds later in the video, you hear this POP from where your buddy was.

Dam I miss those days and friends like that ...... :(
They were just tennis balls so no danger there, but you should see the stuff we do that I don't post on Youtube.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It appears gun and ammunition have been showing up in threads for the elio, so here is a seperate spot for people to post. PLEASE! keep in mind this is not a thread to discuss politics, gun violence or any other contrevesial subject that will get this suspended, this thread is just for friendly conversations!

Well said Keith. Been away from this forum since Zelio passed. . . . . , but I still remember you and will never forget that "case of pleasure" on your right shoulder! Great to see you again! :D

Semper Fi

Doc Miller. (the Music Man)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you want a chance to be one of 1,000 shooters shooting some Henry Rifles:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/08/henry-rifles-attempting-record-1000-man-shoot/

it would appear that there has been a very good response to the 1000 Man Shoot ....

" On November 14, 2016, at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility in Phoenix, Ariz., history will be made. 1,000 freedom-loving Americans will join together to set a World Record by simultaneously firing 1,000 Henry Repeating Arms Golden Boy Silver rifles! The NRA and Henry Repeating Arms will be setting a firearms World Record.

Due to high demand for this event, registration is currently unavailable. If you are interested in being placed on a waiting list, please email 1000ManShoot@nrahq.org with "Waiting List" in the subject title. If registration reopens, those on the waiting list will get the first opportunity to attend based on when they submitted their request."

above from NRA website

when asked if Henry would be interested in increasing the number of rifles it is donating, a reps posted :

"It's not an issue of donating another 1,000 rifles. We would probably be very willing to do that in support of the NRA, but finding a place to have 2,000 people in a firing line is a whole other issue. The firing line is already 1.5 miles long, which is crazy! Upping that to 3 miles just isn't doable at any range we know of."

impressive, most impressive indeed

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Henry Firearms has scheduled the following presentations tomorrow morning on the Discovery Channel .... the following is from an email from them :

"Please join us for an action-packed hour filled with everything you’ve ever wanted to know about Henry Rifles and the Henry Way of treating our customers.
The first show starts at 7:00AM EST and features an interview with our Company President Anthony Imperato set in the Henry Gun Library. You’ll hear from Henry owners around the country on why they own our rifles, and Anthony will discuss our lifetime guarantee and share his email address in case you have any questions.
The second show starts at 7:30AM EST and will go through our entire product line, including new models that have never been seen before and our new shotguns that will be available in January.
You won’t want to miss it, so set your alarm or your DVR and please join us
When: This Saturday, October 8th
Where: Discovery Network
Time: 7-8AM EST & PST; 6-7AM or 7-8AM CST & MST

Exact air times vary based on your provider so please check your local programming guide to confirm.
Show Title @ 7:00AM EST:
Henry Repeating Arms – It's All About Our Customers
(some providers may list it as Paid Programming).
Show Title @ 7:30AM EST:
Henry Repeating Arms – America’s Rifle
(some providers may list it as Paid Programming)."

I'm really looking forward to seeing the first shotgun to be offered by Henry .... if it turns out to be a 12 ga coach gun with external hammers, I'll be hard pressed resist the temptation to order one ...
smile.gif

Top Bottom