• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I'll play. I don't consider myself a "gun nut", however, I do own 14. My favorite is a Smith and Wesson Model 27, blue with 3.5" barrel. It is one of the first .357s made back in the 1930s. Outstanding workmanship and finish. I have the original box, owner's manual, receipt (cost $60), owner's certificate signed by Wesson, and cleaning kit. If I ever have an intruder in the house in the middle of the night I intend to introduce him to it....

The photo is not my gun, but looks just like it
erNchED.jpg
Stunningly beautiful.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very nice. I have a Ruger BlackHawk in 357 in 6.5" barrel that is very nice shooting. A revolver is a great gun and a lot less trouble than the semi-auto pistols.

I've been wanting to get one of their "Convertible" Blackhawks. Comes with a .357 cylinder and a 9mm cylinder. I like the idea of a gun that can fire three of the most common calibers available.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very nice. I have a Ruger BlackHawk in 357 in 6.5" barrel that is very nice shooting. A revolver is a great gun and a lot less trouble than the semi-auto pistols.
In what way? When I purchased my XD45, I didn't clean the barrel until 700 rounds and didn't put any oil on the rail until ~2,000 rounds when it was having issues with the slide being so dry.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think his point about revolvers, was that they are just so simple. Pull trigger, gun go boom.

SAO revolvers like the Blackhawk can be easily operated one-handed, and any revolver can be "safely" discharged from the inside of a jacket pocket in a defensive situation. A revolver will never stovepipe on you if you fire from a weak wrist. Many revolvers can fire multiple types of ammunition, and they're not nearly as pick as automatics can be, etc. I'm sure you know all this :)

Automatics are great (I carry one all the time) but they are still more complicated and finicky than a revolver. I definitely want to add a revolver to my collection. (Or rather, another revolver. I don't count the .22 SAA as a "real" gun :p )

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think his point about revolvers, was that they are just so simple. Pull trigger, gun go boom.

SAO revolvers like the Blackhawk can be easily operated one-handed, and any revolver can be "safely" discharged from the inside of a jacket pocket in a defensive situation. A revolver will never stovepipe on you if you fire from a weak wrist. Many revolvers can fire multiple types of ammunition, and they're not nearly as pick as automatics can be, etc. I'm sure you know all this :)

Automatics are great (I carry one all the time) but they are still more complicated and finicky than a revolver. I definitely want to add a revolver to my collection. (Or rather, another revolver. I don't count the .22 SAA as a "real" gun :p )
Try a long barrel 7 shot S&W 686. Heavy but "Pull trigger, gun go BOOM.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_686

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Well, shooting a revolver in a coat pocket isn't something I want to do either. The concussive blast is quite powerful (hickok45 has done a couple of videos), but I understand the point that it won't jam up on you like a revolver would. With that said, if a cartridge doesn't fire, the safest thing to do is wait 30 seconds before you shoot the next one. It is rare, but a hang fire can happen. I certainly wouldn't want that going off when I'm shooting the next cartridges.

And by automatics, I assume you mean semi automatics. I only know of 2 automatic handguns and both were made after 1986. :mad:

Why do you "hate on" the 22. It is a fun little cartridge. On a side note, have you looked at the Ruger Mark IV? It makes me want to sell my Mark III (first firearm I every bought) just so I can have a Ruger pistol in 22LR that isn't impossible to field strip.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I were going to buy a home defense revolver today, this would be my choice. Chiappa Rhino in .357 magnum. Look at the reviews on line to see why.

Just for fun.... if you're not familiar with this gun, look close at the pic. Can you spot something that just doesn't look right?

azanety5.jpg

Last edited:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I were going to buy a home defense revolver today, this would be my choice. Chiappa Rhino in .357 magnum. Look at the reviews on line to see why.

Just for fun.... if you're not familiar with this gun, look close at the pic. Can you spot something that just doesn't look right?

azanety5.jpg
Fires from the bottom cylinder, less recoil.

Top Bottom