• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. You would grab your home defense weapon and go! Also, hearing protection would be a handicap for you. Why would you want to take away one of your primary threat detection senses? I don't know about you, but if someone pointed even a .22 at me, I would probably do a number 5 in my pants {that's two number 2s, and a number 1}. One of the main reasons I went with the .357, was one of my best friends who was a machine gunner in the Marines told me, "if you ever have to point a gun at someone, make sure it's big enough that they can hear themselves echo down the barrel". That made me laugh, but also made sense.
I do have a guitana for steel to hand defense. No worries about ear damage.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.357s are great. I have an S&W 686+ with a 6'' barrel. Beutiful and effective. But I've heard discharging a . 357 indoors can permanantly damage your hearing. So, for home defense I keep it loaded with .38 special +P. Still plenty of stopping power, but shouldn't make you deaf the rest of your life.

P.S.: I hope I never have to use it!

My HD gun would have to be a Kriss Super V (45ACP version of course) SBR with a SilencerCo Osprey. :whoo:

It is just a shame it will be an awfully long time until I can afford that. :rant:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, if you are using Aguila's 1-3/4" shells, then the noise and the recoil are significantly reduced. (Plus being able to fit 9 shells in a 6-shot magazine is pretty cool).
Taurus Judge is a great alternative for home defense. Can be 45 cal, 410 shotgun,or combination of both. Lot easier than trying to handle a large shotgun in a critical situation.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Taurus Judge is a great alternative for home defense. Can be 45 cal, 410 shotgun,or combination of both. Lot easier than trying to handle a large shotgun in a critical situation.

Why not the S&W Governor? 45 Long Colt, 45ACP, and 410 shot.

Now onto tactics:

If you've never shot an nonsuppressed firearm outside, it hurts the ears a lot. Now imagine shooting that in an enclosed area.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In what way? When I purchased my XD45, I didn't clean the barrel until 700 rounds and didn't put any oil on the rail until ~2,000 rounds when it was having issues with the slide being so dry.
The XD is a great handgun and very reliable. I carry the S&W M&P I 9, and I love it. Just finished a defensive handgun course over the last two days and it performed flawlessly. You don't have to own just one handgun. The revolver just doesn't jam, a dead round won't stop you from shooting in an emergency, just pull the trigger again. If it is not an emergency you can hold for a few minutes to confirm there is no hangfire. Enjoy them all. We are still free to own and to use them. Hopefully we will keep that right.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why not the S&W Governor? 45 Long Colt, 45ACP, and 410 shot.

Now onto tactics:

If you've never shot an nonsuppressed firearm outside, it hurts the ears a lot. Now imagine shooting that in an enclosed area.

I'll bet it's a lot louder when it's pointed at you...but hearing loss is the least of your worries in that scenario.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
indeed, I stand corrected!!

“One only wishes Wayne LaPierre and his NRA board of directors could be drafted to some of these scenes, where they would be required to put on booties and rubber gloves and help clean up the blood, the brains, and the chunks of intestine still containing the poor wads of half-digested food that were some innocent bystander's last meal.”

that'll open the door, stand back and watch!!

OK , I'LL BITE . HOW ABOUT THINKING LOGICALLY INSTEAD OF EMOTIONALLY ?
2/3 OF THE GUN DEATHS IN THE USA ARE SUICIDES . PLEASE DO LOOK THIS UP .

THAT BEING SAID , THE VICTIMS COULD HAVE USED A ROPE , POISON ,
BRIDGE OR BUILDING HAD A GUN NOT BEEN AVAILABLE .

SHOULD CIVIL ENGINEERS & ROPE MAKERS BE MADE TO CLEAN UP THOSE MESSES ?

THE PEOPLE DOING THE OTHER SHOOTINGS ARE RARELY NRA MEMBERS .
IF THEY ARE , IT IS ALMOST ALWAYS IN SELF DEFENSE OR THE PREVENTION OF A CRIME .

NRA IS THE BIGGEST PROPONENT OF GUN SAFETY YOU CAN FIND .

Top Bottom