• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone given thought to the future use of self-driving cars and trucks by terrorists to deliver bombs to their targets? Are we sure we want to make it that easy for them to do these terrible things?
Anyone could just drone it in using off the shelf items... Tech can always be used for bad or good like any other tool..

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got this; looks like it was pretty awesome:

Henry Makes History By Pulling Off 1,000 Rifle Shoot

Posted by Patrick R on November 21, 2016

1000-Man-Shooters-web.jpg

Back in September Phil blogged that Henry Rifles would be attempting a record breaking 1000 man shoot, a daunting task for sure! On November 14th history was made and 1000 shooters pulled the trigger on their commemorative .22 Henry Rifles at the sam... Read More »

This story, by The Firearm Blog, is a FollowUp to Henry Rifles Attempting Record With The 1000 Man Shoot!

Trending Stories
BREAKING: ATF Updates Form 4473 'NICS Check'

Posted by Pete on November 16, 2016

220x125.gif

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE or ATF) has released a new version of Form 4473. As reported by Guns.com and Orchid Advisors, the change comes about four years after the last revision to the form and includes clarifica... Read More »

contextly-logo.pngFollow this story

POTD: 7" HERA Arms CQR with Magpul D60

Posted by Erik B on November 16, 2016

220x125.jpg

We’ve written a few posts about the HERA Arms CQR stock and grip. Here’s a brand new picture that we can’t resist sharing. A HERA Arms with a 7″ rail and a Magpul D60 attached. It looks like all this metal and polymer was made for each other... Read More »

Bufferless: The Serbu SU-15 Upper Receiver Group

Posted by Pete on November 16, 2016

220x125.jpg

Serbu Firearms based in Tampa, Florida, known in part for their Super Shorty 12GA Any Other Weapon (AOW), is set to release an upper receiver group for the AR-15. But it’s not your typical AR upper – the SU-15 uses an operating rod and main sprin... Read More »

BREAKING: Hexmag CAUGHT Erasing Magazine's Designer from Official Company History - A TFB EXCLUSIVE

Posted by Nathaniel F on November 15, 2016

220x125.png

In a story that could be ripped right from the annals of Stalin-era Soviet history, polymer AR-15 magazine manufacturer Hexmag has been caught whitewashing its official corporate history to eliminate any mention of the original designer of the magazi... Read More »

Attachments

• contextly-logo.png
    contextly-logo.png
    561 bytes · Views: 146
  • contextly-logo.png
    contextly-logo.png
    561 bytes · Views: 145
  • contextly-logo.png
    contextly-logo.png
    561 bytes · Views: 135

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the following quote was taken from Henry website --- https://www.henryrifles.com/news/freedom-rings-loud-at-record-breaking-1000-man-shoot/ --- Henry is a most impressive company :

"The world record-breaking event was a combined effort between Henry Repeating Arms, one of the country’s leading firearms manufacturers, and the National Rifle Association. Henry donated the custom engraved rifles and all proceeds will support various NRA initiatives, including those targeted towards promoting Firearms Safety, Youth Shooting Sports, Disabled Shooters, and the Eddie Eagle Child Safety programs, as well as the NRA’s unwavering efforts to protect our country’s Second Amendment rights. A million-dollars is expected to be raised."

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read an article this morning (from bearingarms.com (from a random link, I know nothing about the site....)) about how Guiness has declined to recognize the event as a world record. The article stated that Guiness would not comment on why they declined to award the record.
Color me surprised. /sarcasm

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Since I post the Momentum emails, I might as well post the Firearm Blog too

Two New Henry Shotguns And A Single Shot Rifle For 2017

Posted by Patrick R on November 28, 2016

shotgun.jpg

Following Henry's successful attempt at a world record 1,000 man shoot they have announced the introduction of a slew of firearms that should excite many shooters. After all, lever action shotguns are commonplace in some parts of the world; they are... Read More »

This story, by The Firearm Blog, is a FollowUp to Henry Rifles Attempting Record With The 1000 Man Shoot!

Trending Stories
Black Friday 2016 Gun Deal Roundup (+ Poll)

Posted by Steve Johnson on November 25, 2016

220x125.jpg

Black Friday is just days and it would not be Black Friday for us without SlickGuns cataloging all the firearm, ammunition and accessory deals. This Black Friday is of special importance, being the first Black Friday after the 2016 Elections. The... Read More »

FULL CONCEAL FC-G17 80% Glock Receiver

Posted by Pete on November 21, 2016

220x125.jpg

Okay, this one is going to take some convincing. Full Conceal, Inc., is offering an 80% Glock receiver that has been designed around deep concealment. Sporting a virtually non-existent grip, the design includes a magazine pouch affixed to the light r... Read More »

What Would a Long Range Sharpshooter Infantry Paradigm Look Like? Part 1: The Weapons

Posted by Nathaniel F on November 26, 2016

220x125.jpg

More and more, it seems like we are on the cusp of a break in the small arms “plateau”, and that major changes may be coming both in the technology and use of infantry small arms and ammunition. The biggest harbinger of this coming paradigm shift... Read More »

Brand New Lee Enfield No4 Mk2 Rifles For Sale On Armslist

Posted by Patrick R on November 23, 2016

220x125.jpg

I think that each and every one of us longs for the days of $20 Enfields in a barrel at the hardware store, but sadly the golden age of milsurp rifles has come and gone. With the exception of the odd lot of Mosins or Mausers being offered for sale a... Read More »

Attachments

• contextly-logo.png
    contextly-logo.png
    561 bytes · Views: 153
  • contextly-logo.png
    contextly-logo.png
    561 bytes · Views: 137
  • contextly-logo.png
    contextly-logo.png
    561 bytes · Views: 140

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Almost a life time of acquiring Firearms, from the silly like a 25 auto Phoenix raven to a bolt action 50 ( only purchase my wife ever questioned). All the standard must have older military to some nice wants in great hunting rifles. Went nuts on hand guns also.
Time to end it. I have never sold a weapon that I purchased, inherited,was a gift or acquired in anyway. I will leave my children and grandchildren well stock.
I had always wanted a light weight 308 and a big Ruger fan. Those I have weight in at 13 pounds. Made my last purchase a Ruger American 308 last Friday. Finished up assembling a couple AR's I had, ordered some parts to finish off a couple more that are in peaces now. But that is the end of it. Tried of cleaning , storing ect. Children all know what ones they get , they have made the picks as they grew up. Fully load vault is being shipped to one of my sons house as I type. he will be in for shock and no I am not helping move it in.
Only regrets and the only one I ever disposed of in the early 70's a R&G 22 revolver. It was a dangerous peace of junk and I destroyed it. I did learn from that cheap purchase. No idea how much cash I put into these over the years but it be scary to know.

Johnny Cyclone

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I saw you mentioned having a Phoenix Raven. Here's how I got mine. Right after hurricane Irene passed, I went over to a friend's house to see how he made out. While I was there he said "Walk with me down to the beach.I want to throw this pistol away." I asked him why in the world he was going to throw a firearm into the ocean. He said it was just a cheap little saturday night special that would not fire any more. It turned out to be a Raven .25cal. I figured the firing pin was broken since they are made from pot metal and very brittle. I told him I would give him $2 for it. He got very upset at the low offer. I told him if he did not take the offer I would be glad to walk down to the seashore and watch him throw it off the pier. I got a gunsmith to order a firing pin for ten bucks so I got the gun for $12 total.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Almost a life time of acquiring Firearms, from the silly like a 25 auto Phoenix raven to a bolt action 50 ( only purchase my wife ever questioned). All the standard must have older military to some nice wants in great hunting rifles. Went nuts on hand guns also.
Time to end it. I have never sold a weapon that I purchased, inherited,was a gift or acquired in anyway. I will leave my children and grandchildren well stock.
I had always wanted a light weight 308 and a big Ruger fan. Those I have weight in at 13 pounds. Made my last purchase a Ruger American 308 last Friday. Finished up assembling a couple AR's I had, ordered some parts to finish off a couple more that are in peaces now. But that is the end of it. Tried of cleaning , storing ect. Children all know what ones they get , they have made the picks as they grew up. Fully load vault is being shipped to one of my sons house as I type. he will be in for shock and no I am not helping move it in.
Only regrets and the only one I ever disposed of in the early 70's a R&G 22 revolver. It was a dangerous peace of junk and I destroyed it. I did learn from that cheap purchase. No idea how much cash I put into these over the years but it be scary to know.
Light weight and 308 should not exist in the same sentence. I have a Remington 700 VTR in 308 and my shoulder doesn't like going passed 20 rounds and 40 is my absolute most I can take without a shoulder pad on.

Top Bottom