• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Guns And Stuff Related.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THOSE WERE THE DAYS .

YOU COULD BUY A GUN IN THE MAIL , SHOOT TARGET PRACTICE AT HIGH SCHOOL ,
AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MASS SHOOTINGS .
prot.jpg

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why not the S&W Governor? 45 Long Colt, 45ACP, and 410 shot.

Now onto tactics:

If you've never shot an nonsuppressed firearm outside, it hurts the ears a lot. Now imagine shooting that in an enclosed area.
Spent 27 years in the Infantry and have fired weapons in just about any scenario and caliber you can imagine. The comparison was handling a regular shotgun versus a handgun. Obviously, a Judge or Judge type weapon is IMHO easier to use in a typical home self defense situation - the noise will be the least of my concerns. I'm also not familiar with the S&W Governor so I will have to learn more about it.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Spent 27 years in the Infantry and have fired weapons in just about any scenario and caliber you can imagine. The comparison was handling a regular shotgun versus a handgun. Obviously, a Judge or Judge type weapon is IMHO easier to use in a typical home self defense situation - the noise will be the least of my concerns. I'm also not familiar with the S&W Governor so I will have to learn more about it.
Enjoy!

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back when I was a kid I shot a quail with a .410. He was on the ground about 20-25 feet away. I hit him dead on, he rolled a couple of times, got up and flew away. A .410 for self defense, I don't think so.

In all fairness, I have to admit they work pretty well on rabbits.... which is good to know in case a rabbit breaks into your house in the middle of the night.

Just to keep the record straight, I no longer hunt. Last time was in 1980 in Rhodesia. I finally grew up enough to realize that killing things is no way to entertain yourself. Now there are only 2 reasons I'll kill something. I'm hungry or threatened.

Last edited:

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score

THIS IS AMAZING CONSIDERING TODAY'S ENVIRONMENT .

WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL , THEY HAD MARKSMANSHIP AS AN EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITY .
.22 RIFLES WERE ISSUED TO STUDENTS . THEY KEPT THEM IN ZIPPERED CASES IN THEIR LOCKERS .

AFTER SCHOOL , YOU WOULD SEE THEM HEADED TO THE FOOTBALL FIELD WITH THEIR RIFLES
WHERE THE SCHOOL HAD TARGETS SET UP AGAINST AN EMBANKMENT .

THERE WAS A STRONG EMPHASIS ON SAFETY AND KEEPING YOUR GUN CLEAN INSIDE & OUT .
THEY PRACTICED A COUPLE TIMES A WEEK & HAD SHOOTING COMPETITIONS WITH OTHER SCHOOLS .

THE KIDS HAD FUN , LEARNED ABOUT SKILL & SAFETY AND GOT TO BRING HOME A TROPHY
IF THEY COULD HIT ENOUGH BULLSEYES . BEST OF ALL , NO ONE WAS SHOT !

Top Bottom