• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Europe

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the fold up doors. Zero impact protection, but they look cool. I would love something unconventional on the Elio, like a sliding canopy or gull wing door. I am tempted to go with a Lambo style door kit since it should be possible without major changes. I know they are cheesy and played out, but whenever I see a beat up Civic with them the 10 year old in me still stops and goes "whoa, cool!"

It is that same inner 10 year old that wants an Elio instead of a minivan, so I trust his judgement.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello all elio fans. Thanks, it seems that all of you don"t like SAM, but it is at least produced.

You can buy it and it have EPA approval. We will be in touch with all of you in the nearest future and maybe some of you will consider at least to take a test drive. It will be shortly possible to test drive it in California and in Florida.

Just a comment on this: The EPA does not regulate Electric Vehicles, thus, it is automatically "approved". The bigger issue would be getting approval by the NHTSA (are those DOT-approved highway wheels and tires?).

If I wanted to jump through all the hoops to import one of those, I'd import the two-person model from China. It actually comes with batteries! (I posted this a while back on my "Chinese Electric Trikes" thread). 43mph, up to 99 mile range on Lead-acid batteries, all for just $6300 (each, when you buy four :p )
2gy80fl.jpg

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello all elio fans. Thanks, it seems that all of you don"t like SAM, but it is at least produced.

You can buy it and it have EPA approval. We will be in touch with all of you in the nearest future and maybe some of you will consider at least to take a test drive. It will be shortly possible to test drive it in California and in Florida.

I like the look and the availability. But that will only appeal the very smallest of markets here in the states, including Elio enthusiasts. most of us are interested in Elios because we have long commutes and the saving in gas is a big draw. This vehicle will not suit very many people. The majority of America and the spread-out layout makes this vehicle's limited range unusable.

Top Bottom