• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hey You Cheerleaders, When Do You Think There Will Be A Major Financing Announcement?

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You missed my earlier point. Funding and technical progress is best together. A flood of money -- however exciting -- doesn't make the technical progress faster beyond a point and only brings interest or other obligations. Let me make another point I've made elsewhere on this forum: Faster, Cheaper, Better...Pick Any Two. That is an engineering axiom that certainly applies to Elio. They've chosen Cheaper and Better. Therefore Faster is not an option. And the funding may at times be limiting (and PE has said so), and my present perception is that the technical development is now the pacing aspect. But a more fundamental question begs: Is there something for you in being disrespectful to others on this forum?

I have used the Faster, Cheaper, Better axiom many times to describe progress on contract projects. Unsaid; you can have any two, but must sacrifice the third.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He might not trust Elio Motors but can still hope the Elio gets made.

I trust that Elio Motors is not running a scam and will get made, but I do not have a reservation either. That is partly because I really want a turbo and am willing to wait a year or two to see if a factory one gets made. If not, I will get a regular NA Elio and turbo it myself. But I would prefer a factory setup under warranty.

But even if I was not waiting for a later model I would still put my money into buying more stock instead of a reservation. I think the stock will gain more value than the 50% (now 25%) than you save with a reservation. My only regret is not buying at the $12 offering :(

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there something for you in being disrespectful to others on this forum?

What is disrespectful about saying they don't have the funding and have missed SEVERAL deadlines?

Can anyone say I am wrong on those two?

They are nowhere close to building a car for $7k. They need MASS production to keep fixed costs down. They need expensive tools and a large workforce before they get there.

EM has been in the works since 2008? (I could be wrong on that). Let's not act like they just started last year.

I will be interested in buying one if it gets built but that is hard to see.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
What is disrespectful about saying they don't have the funding and have missed SEVERAL deadlines?

They are nowhere close to building a car for $7k. They need MASS production to keep fixed costs down. They need expensive tools and a large workforce before they get there.

EM has been in the works since 2008? (I could be wrong on that). Let's not act like they just started last year.

You haven't been follow very close then; there is a lot of information that you need to catch up on.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Yes! I can say you are wrong!
Elio did not set any date as a deadline!

Top Bottom