• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hey You Cheerleaders, When Do You Think There Will Be A Major Financing Announcement?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fisker failed because they couldn't
meet prescribed milestones. Elio
will not make that mistake......
Wait a minute..........what's your definition of a prescribed milestone?

Fisker actually failed because they were all about form (a beautiful vehicle design) and missed function ( lousy engineering) by not knowing how to implement technology, problems with parts suppliers, and quality control issues, and dealing with problems of a manufacturing facility they didn't own. Fisker even had a DOE ATVM Loan they burned through. Tesla Motors had the exact opposite startup strategy.

EM has all of the same hurdles to overcome by mid 2016. Time is short.

Last edited:

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So tell us.........
How long did it take you to get your first mortgage?
How long did it take you to get your first new car loan?
Who ever said getting financing was easy?
How long did it take my first mortgage back in 1986 a few day that I remember.
How long did it take to refinance my mortgage back in 2010 about 45 minutes.
How long did it take for me to get my first new car loan back in 1977, and I don't remember, however about 5 years ago for new car was about 30 minutes.
How long did it take to apply credit card just a few minutes and then to be approve about 30 second or less on online by Chase and Citi. Pretty fast now day. Hope that help.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL, funny you guys and gals are talking about how long it took you to get a loan.....back in 2008, my gal and I went into a Bank of America branch and applied for a refinance loan. Ten (10) minutes later we were approved. Self-employed, no request for proof-of-income, they just checked and found a super credit score, and we were done. Two days later the house was appraised, two days after that the bank put the money in our account. Scary....

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL, funny you guys and gals are talking about how long it took you to get a loan.....back in 2008, my gal and I went into a Bank of America branch and applied for a refinance loan. Ten (10) minutes later we were approved. Self-employed, no request for proof-of-income, they just checked and found a super credit score, and we were done. Two days later the house was appraised, two days after that the bank put the money in our account. Scary....
Hopefully, Elio has a super credit score, and get it done just like you. Way to go! Scary because it seemed so easy?

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully, Elio has a super credit score, and get it done just like you. Way to go! Scary because it seemed so easy?
Yes, because it was SO easy. We walked out of the bank quite stunned. I was totally waiting for a request for at least the last 1040 tax form. Any one with good credit could get almost any amount in those days. I had several friends who took all they could against their homes, for things like credit card bills, new cars, etc., spending the equity their homes were building, and winding up owing more than their homes were worth after the bubble burst.
We were lucky to sell out and retire from WA to MO just before it got bad.

The GOOD life is led by Getting Out Of Debt, I tell kids a lot.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, because it was SO easy. We walked out of the bank quite stunned. I was totally waiting for a request for at least the last 1040 tax form. Any one with good credit could get almost any amount in those days. I had several friends who took all they could against their homes, for things like credit card bills, new cars, etc., spending the equity their homes were building, and winding up owing more than their homes were worth after the bubble burst.
We were lucky to sell out and retire from WA to MO just before it got bad.

The GOOD life is led by Getting Out Of Debt, I tell kids a lot.
Thankfully, It's not that easy since the much needed 2008 banking regulation changes as a result of that housing crash.

I have apparently lived by your GOOD life philosophy since my first car loan back in 1965. The minute that car loan was paid off, I kept making a self car payment so I would have cash or a huge down payment for my next car purchase.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thankfully, It's not that easy since the much needed 2008 banking regulation changes as a result of that housing crash.

I have apparently lived by your GOOD life philosophy since my first car loan back in 1965. The minute that car loan was paid off, I kept making a self car payment so I would have cash or a huge down payment for my next car purchase.
Can you remember how much your 1965 car payment was? My '66 Mustang was $66/mo.

Top Bottom