• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hey You Cheerleaders, When Do You Think There Will Be A Major Financing Announcement?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can you remember how much your 1965 car payment was? My '66 Mustang was $66/mo.
As I recall about $25-30/month. I remember wanting a slightly used '65 Mustang, priced in the $2300 range as I recall, but settled on a used '62 Grand Prix Pontiac for $1595 and a payment I could actually afford. A very long time ago when the Big Three Auto car designs were very distinctive in styling.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a white '60 Pontiac Bonneville with the big gas-sucking, tire-smokin' 300hp engine and a factory floor manual shifter, 3 speed, four-door hardtop. IIt was hard to keep a light foot on.
Wonder what it is worth today....

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thankfully, It's not that easy since the much needed 2008 banking regulation changes as a result of that housing crash.

I have apparently lived by your GOOD life philosophy since my first car loan back in 1965. The minute that car loan was paid off, I kept making a self car payment so I would have cash or a huge down payment for my next car purchase.
We just did a re-fi. Excellent credit scores, but still a major pain in the butt. Bank statements, 2 years of tax returns, etc etc etc. grrr. And this was for a re-fi with out current lender -- no late payments in decades!

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We just did a re-fi. Excellent credit scores, but still a major pain in the butt. Bank statements, 2 years of tax returns, etc etc etc. grrr. And this was for a re-fi with out current lender -- no late payments in decades!
Really, more like the way it was 20 years ago. Proving worthy of the loan used to be part of getting it, and it needs to be. I am surprised that your current lender put you through all that. Bankers are under lots of scrutiny right now, I am sure.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really, more like the way it was 20 years ago. Proving worthy of the loan used to be part of getting it, and it needs to be. I am surprised that your current lender put you through all that. Bankers are under lots of scrutiny right now, I am sure.
Our bank person -- a good personal friend -- keeps telling me "don't shoot the messenger. Thank Lehman Bros and their pals for all this, with a helping hand from Dodd-Frank."

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a white '60 Pontiac Bonneville with the big gas-sucking, tire-smokin' 300hp engine and a factory floor manual shifter, 3 speed, four-door hardtop. IIt was hard to keep a light foot on.
Wonder what it is worth today....
My white Grand Prix was gas suckin too, but I was getting surprisingly good mpg. As it turned out, my wife to be girlfriend at the time, was borrowing the car and periodically putting in a couple bucks worth of gas without my knowledge.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, us too, lots of hoops on our last retirement home purchase, but I didn't mind if it actually helps to protect the not so financially savvy home buyer and keeps our realestate market a little more stabile. The bank loan officer seemed a little put out though.

Top Bottom